Princess/Holland land tours

abbydancer2003

I'm not sure this is an appropriate thread, or place to post it, but I can't figure out where else.

We're booked (with friends) on one of the land tours (Denail/Kenai explorer) at the end of June.  I believe these tours have started, and I'm curious if anyone has taken them, and has any comments, feedback or suggestions.

Thanks.

This is probably with Gray Line Tours which is Princess/Holland America’s land tours.  We’ve taken the HAL land tours and they’re very well organized.  A few years ago we booked a 5 day tour with the Alaska Railroad to Denali and Kantishna.  We were booked on the HAL rail cars and stayed at the McKinley Chalets in Denali so we felt well cared for as we were very familiar with the HAL product.  I’m sure you will have a great time.  Alaska is huge but the tourist business is well coordinated.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

This is probably with Gray Line Tours which is Princess/Holland America’s land tours.  We’ve taken the HAL land tours and they’re very well organized.  A few years ago we booked a 5 day tour with the Alaska Railroad to Denali and Kantishna.  We were booked on the HAL rail cars and stayed at the McKinley Chalets in Denali so we felt well cared for as we were very familiar with the HAL product.  I’m sure you will have a great time.  Alaska is huge but the tourist business is well coordinated.  

Thank you.  Yes, it is the Gray Line (sister to Princess and HAL, hence their lodges).  I've actually driven from Anchorage to Fairbanks once (with a long ago boyfriend), but that was in the 80's.  I'm looking forward to actually going into the Park at Denali, since we just drove in a little ways on our way.  That said it was rare clear day and I saw the whole mountain.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, abbydancer said:

(sister to Princess and HAL, hence their lodges). 

Did not stay at HAL's Denali lodge, but my Nephew and I had breakfast there and walked around the area and both of us were impressed.  Our breakfast was very good and the menu prices were reasonable for what we received both considering quality and service.  This was July, 2019.  I expect that you will be pleased, abbydancer.