All Inclusive on a “lift and Shift”

greenlakesteve

Question???

If you do a lift and shift how does Celebrity handle the “all inclusive” (tips, WiFi, drinks) part if you didn’t originally have it. Do they still keep track of drinks etc?  Actually I originally only had tips included.

Whatever perks you had on your original sailing are what you will have on the new one.   Just because they are now selling AI doesn't mean a thing.   It's a good idea to verify that your new invoice has all the perks listed that you had on your original one.  The transfer was a manual process and many errors have been reported.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, npb said:

We did a lift and shift with 4 perks including $300 OBC and lost $50.  Celebrity insists 4 perks was only$250.

Don't you have an old copy of the invoice prior to L&S.  The OBC is listed there and should be $150 under each passenger.

I tried to L&S to an A.I. cruise.  No dice on the A.I. perk.  I got to keep all my included perks on the first cruise at the same price.  However if I wanted the A.I. perk, I would have to pay the new prevailing rate on the new cruise and lose all my existing perks.

And the protected rate was lots lower than the prevailing AI rate wasn't it.  I have 1 L&S sailing that is now over 3x what I'm paying and it's a suite with 4 perks so AI really has little to do with it.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Don't you have an old copy of the invoice prior to L&S.  The OBC is listed there and should be $150 under each passenger.

Yes.  I sent it to Celebrity and it shows all 4 perks including the $150 pp plus the ones from the TA.  Celebrity claims their records show $250.

My only advise would be to escalate to CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com.  Write a concise message saying what the problem is and what you've done to try to get the problem corrected.  They will generally respond within a few days

We shifted to a sailing in Alaska next year. We purchased before the "all-inclusive" move by X. They kept our same price and existing promotional perks for a sailing in 2022. With all the Covid crazy and such, I commend them for honoring our previous promotion. Sometimes a little persistence is wise when dealing with them. With all the changes from Covid/CDC guidance the booking crew at X and RCCL don't always have the most update information. A little patience goes a long way.