Final Payment Due but no Online Check-In

cltnccruisers

For our August 27 ABC on Equinox the only communications we have gotten from X have been reminders for final payment.

Online Check-In was supposed to open this past Saturday but is not yet available.  The X rep I spoke with really had no explanation other than to say that OCI was currently only available for Apex and Millennium cruises but that ours would probably be available about 30 prior to sailing.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tie this to the fight over the Florida vaccination law.  Rumors abound that the CDC, the cruise industry and the DiSantis administration are actively discussing ways to exempt the industry similar to the Florida healthcare industry and theme parks or to rescind the EO and law altogether.  We shall see.

In the meantime, X should not be requiring final payment but that comment just got crickets from the rep.  Not the reps decision of course but the way X has handled their responses during COVID may well push us elsewhere for future trips. 

3 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

For our August 27 ABC on Equinox the only communications we have gotten from X have been reminders for final payment.

Online Check-In was supposed to open this past Saturday but is not yet available.  The X rep I spoke with really had no explanation other than to say that OCI was currently only available for Apex and Millennium cruises but that ours would probably be available about 30 prior to sailing.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tie this to the fight over the Florida vaccination law.  Rumors abound that the CDC, the cruise industry and the DiSantis administration are actively discussing ways to exempt the industry similar to the Florida healthcare industry and theme parks or to rescind the EO and law altogether.  We shall see.

In the meantime, X should not be requiring final payment but that comment just got crickets from the rep.  Not the reps decision of course but the way X has handled their responses during COVID may well push us elsewhere for future trips. 

I had final payment for my Alaska cruise this weekend, too, but no online check in available yet. So it's not just an issue with Florida cruises. It would have been nice if they delayed final payment, but... I'm trying to just be patient since they (and all the other cruise lines) have a lot to get set back up.

24 minutes ago, zaxanon6 said:

I had final payment for my Alaska cruise this weekend, too, but no online check in available yet. So it's not just an issue with Florida cruises. It would have been nice if they delayed final payment, but... I'm trying to just be patient since they (and all the other cruise lines) have a lot to get set back up.

There was a gap of a few days between the final payment date and the OCI button being enabled which was probably an automated process.  Selecting the OCI button now just presents:

Information is currently not available. Please try again later.

Patience is a virtue for sure but it's starting to wear a little thin.  🙂

They are trying to tie in an upload for vaccine documents among other things into check-in. What is gained by checking in for a cruise nearly 3 months early anyway? Once it’s available hopefully there are some additional new features. 

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I believe they are holding off opening up online check-in for all these early cruises to allow them to finalize the sailing requirements and have you consent to them during the checkin process.

Absolutely.  It will take a little time to make the software changes to the OIC process once things are ironed out.  After 40+ years in IT I get that.  So X should just be up front with that - we're all (well, mostly) adults here and really can handle the truth.

3 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

They are trying to tie in an upload for vaccine documents among other things into check-in. What is gained by checking in for a cruise nearly 3 months early anyway? Once it’s available hopefully there are some additional new features. 

I don't normally do OCI this early.  I actually did so to see if there had been any changes/additions regarding vaccination.