Drinking water

msbs23

I will be taking my first cruise in May with RCI. Can we drink the tap water on the ship? I prefer not to have to pay for botted water, since I drink water all day long. But I wasn't sure if the tap water was safe.

Thanks

Howdy Msbs23!

You might want to put one of those large travel-type mugs with a lid on your packing list. That way, you can re-fill it with ice & water from the ship all day & night. Or, you can pack an empty bottled water container with the cap, re-fill it as above for use during the cruise, then throw it away when time to disembark. That will give you a little more room in your luggage for souvenirs! 05.gif

Congratulations on your first cruise! You will be hooked like the rest of us! 04.gif

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

JMO, but I line my suitcase with bottle water from home, I dont like the water on the ship, it tastes to me like alot of chlorine and smells like it, I even brush my teeth with the bottled water, BUT, this is just me, like I have to order coffee (I prefer tea) so the smell, smells like coffee and not the chlorine (not sure if I am spelling that right or not).....

But like I said that is just me............................but to date, I have not heard of anyone on the sailings I have been on ever having any trouble with the water on the ship.................

:rolleyes:

I just feel more comfortable.....................also on the islands I bring it with me - nice and cold from my cooler in the cabin and not by the ice they use, what can I tell you (LOL).............we all have our little quirks :)

Archived