Pacemaker Info

I have a new Biotronix pacemaker which came with a CardioMessenger Smart device that downloads pacemaker activity  every night to Biotronix.  My questions:

1.  Has anyone,  with a pacemaker,  ever experienced any problems while cruising on or in foreign ports?

2.  If your pacemaker downloads like mine, any problems noted?   Do you have to have wifi to download?

3.  If your pacemaker malfunctioned while on cruise, where you taken off the ship & treated at a hospital?  What was your experience?

Thanks a million to anyone responding.  

My husband has a similar device. His was implanted in January 2020 and we cruised in March of 2020 (last cruise out of Miami). He has a bedside unit that handles the data download and transmission.

Check with your cardiologist. My husband was told he didn't need to bring his bedside transmitter with him if he was going to be away from home for two-three weeks.

He was also warned to not walk through the security arches in the airports or ports.  The security people were accommodating and pulled him out for to be wanded. The wand did detect the presence of the pacemaker. While he did have his device implantation card in hand, the security team didn't want to see it.

• Like 1