Cruise planner refund

Our Alaska cruise was canceled, and I’ve been waiting for the email announcement (never received)... I understand I’ll automatically receive the 125% FCC unless I opt out, which is fine with me since I have other sailings to apply it to. However, I just received an email saying my cruise planner purchases would be automatically refunded to my credit card. I really wanted to get the 125% credit to apply to future cruise planner purchases! Has anyone else not received the option to get the 125% on cruise planner purchases?!

21 minutes ago, kardut said:

Thank you...is this a change? There used to be the 125% on cruise planner purchases

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/topics/onboard-cruise-credit-offer

Boy- they put a lot of words in there!! It seems to be a 125% OBC.

I may be mis-remembering. I cant delete my post as it is too late.

We had two cancellations last year- one was cancelled by Royal and one by us. I apologize! 

When my cruise was canceled on March 1st, the email indicated that I had a limited time to request the planner extra credit.  Sounds like without the email, you weren't aware of any additional required action to take.  

"Cruise Planner Purchases 

If you’ve already purchased Cruise Planner Items for your sailing, we also have a special offer available to you.

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.
  • If we don’t hear from you on or before March 18th, 2021, your Cruise Planner purchases will be automatically refunded. You’ll receive your refund within 45 days of your booking’s cancellation. We are working as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times.
  • Also, if you opt for a cruise fare refund or for Lift and Shift, you are not eligible for this Cruise Planner Onboard Credit offer.
  • Questions about how the Cruise Planner credit works? Click here for more details. "

8 hours ago, kardut said:

Our Alaska cruise was canceled, and I’ve been waiting for the email announcement (never received)... I understand I’ll automatically receive the 125% FCC unless I opt out, which is fine with me since I have other sailings to apply it to. However, I just received an email saying my cruise planner purchases would be automatically refunded to my credit card. I really wanted to get the 125% credit to apply to future cruise planner purchases! Has anyone else not received the option to get the 125% on cruise planner purchases?!

There is a deadline to request the 125% cruise planner option.  Call in and see if you are still eligible.  As long as the refund hasn’t processed, and you are before the deadline, they can do it for you.