Almond Milk on Allure?

4 hours ago, matj2000 said:

If coffee is  the issue,  they have plenty of powder creamers.. 

You'd be surprised how many of those dairy-free powdered creamers really aren't... many contain a milk derivative which can be a problem too. 

Whatever they are, those emulsified white liquids go nicely in my coffee (cashew is my choice) and make life much more tolerable for me and my family! 😆😆😆

This is from Anthem in 2019, at La Patisserie. These are the various milk and milk-like things available to be added to specialty coffees at La Patisserie. This means these are stocked onboard the ship.

20190110_184411.thumb.jpg.67fe6ad274cb25dc5b35e0bfecd977ea.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cooncat_mom said:

Trust me on this - for those of us who are dairy-allergic or lactose-intolerant, the results of using real dairy can be pretty nasty! For me it starts with about 4-5 hours of pretty bad abdominal pain...and my pain tolerance is pretty high!  

Those shelf-stable milks have to be refrigerated after opening and are tough to carry around. I did use this one (for me, better than nothing but not a fan)

https://smile.amazon.com/Coconut-Cloud-Original-Non-Dairy-Go/dp/B07LB6CL6P/ref=sr_1_25?dchild=1&keywords=Powdered+nut+milk&qid=1622981702&sr=8-25 

I ran across this and have ordered it to try before our travels (possibly...if they ever start up again!) 

https://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-5760065-organic-traditions-cashew-milk-powder-5-3-oz

I figure if it works I’ll put some in those little pill bags and carry it with me.

Good Luck!

Heh, exactly. If Jimbo thinks Almond milk is nasty, I wonder what he would think passing by a 10 feet radius of the bathroom I just took a dairy-intolerance-provoked unplanned rapid evacuation in.

• Like 1

Just now, coldflame said:

Heh, exactly. If Jimbo thinks Almond milk is nasty, I wonder what he would think passing by a 10 feet radius of the bathroom I just took a dairy-intolerance-provoked unplanned rapid evacuation in.

Only 10 feet?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, matj2000 said:

I drink Almond milk all the time.

Not because I am allergic to dairy, I just like it better.

But I can do without on a ship.    

If coffee is  the issue,  they have plenty of powder creamers.. 

I think it taste better as well.