Zaandam ‘Round the World’??

LocoLoco1

18 hours ago, T8NCruise said:

My last cruise before the shutdown was on Zaandam and, although somewhat dated, I thought she was fine.  It had been 8 years since we had last said on her. I loved the "old" Crows Nest and Piano bar.  Many cabins have been updated.

We  sailed on the Zaandam on the S.A./Antarctica cruise in December 2019.  We found the ship to be in good condition and would cheerfully sail on her on a GV.  In fact, of all HAL's current ships, she would be the only one I would want to sail on another GV.  The library and Crows Nest are our major concerns.  I think that the Zaandam is the only ship that still retains both those venues?  Hasn't the Volendam done away with the "old" Crows Nest?

2 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

We  sailed on the Zaandam on the S.A./Antarctica cruise in December 2019.  We found the ship to be in good condition and would cheerfully sail on her on a GV.  In fact, of all HAL's current ships, she would be the only one I would want to sail on another GV.  The library and Crows Nest are our major concerns.  I think that the Zaandam is the only ship that still retains both those venues?  Hasn't the Volendam done away with the "old" Crows Nest?

The Zaandam and Volendam both have the Crows Nest and Explorations Cafe aka library. I just checked Holland America’s deck plans.