Oosterdam VB6003 Upgrade? Bad Location?

sanibelsandals

We booked a last minute VG category for 3/4/06 sailing. Just noticed cabin assignment on our immigration form. Is this cabin assignment a poor location? Usually prefer mid-ship - first cruise was up front on Veendam and we hit tailend of hurricane Bertha, sea sick for days!

Cabin looks bigger, does balcony have any privacy? Anyone have experience with front cabins?

Thanks!

We booked a last minute VG category for 3/4/06 sailing. Just noticed cabin assignment on our immigration form. Is this cabin assignment a poor location? Usually prefer mid-ship - first cruise was up front on Veendam and we hit tailend of hurricane Bertha, sea sick for days!

Cabin looks bigger, does balcony have any privacy? Anyone have experience with front cabins?

Thanks!

It's a HC cabin, so it will have a roll-in shower, no tub, and no shelf under the vanity. It's configured for a wheelchair, so the space layout is strange. The balcony does not wrap around to the front--there's a divider there.

thanks for quick feedback - I put a call in to HAL, but have to wait for my HAL cruise consultant to get back to me tomorrow. I don't do showers unless desperate. It's a VA category...deckplan was hard to read.

That explains it...I was looking for VB :).

Marie

We had that particular cabin and we were sick because the wind situation. Why they gave you a PC cabin?

I would recomend to book next time through a good travel agent in order to get better cabin asigment. Tehy do have contacts within HAl that make a huge diference when booking gty cabins!!! Why do you think that the larger suites are located more midship? The closer to the front or to the back, the worst scenario for wind or vibration issues.

Try to change the location if you can!!

I just got my cabin assigned on this very same cruise. 8031 catagory VA...can anyone give me the "skinny" on this one?

You guys are great!

We're going to be neighbors..sort of. We're just around the corner on the opposite side. Booked a guarantee for a VE & they upgraded us to VA &

a bit more midship. Nice!

Exalthim: They moved us down to 6025. Not the best location, but certainly better than 6003. Next time we are going to plan things out, this time was so rush, rush...I basically said "honey, we can't golf in Palm Springs the week we want, how about a cruise (joking around), he said "book it". Didn't want DH to have a minute to change his mind, I called blindly & booked a veranda guarantee. The whole purpose of our trip from NJ to San Diego is to see my nephew's marine corp. graduation, the golfing was going to be a little add on...the little add on turned into a cruise. It just so happens that we are cruising on our 31st anniversary. Things just happen for a reason, don't they?!!

We agreed, next time I will pick the Suite I want, where I want it & stop being so cheeeeeeeeeeeep! It drives him nuts!

Archived