Explorer of The Seas - Revamp/Dry Dock

Holding cruise for Summer 2022 and wondering if anyone has current status of refurbishment/amplification project?  She was supposed to go in May 2020 for a major $110mm refurbishment as part of the cruise line’s wider fleet amplification project, which of course was cancelled.  Thanks much for any info or guidance on where I can read more about what is to come with the ship.

1 hour ago, LuvCruising8 said:

Thanks much for any info or guidance on where I can read more about what is to come with the ship.

Do a search for Explorer on the main RCI page (drop down) - if there's any info there's bound to be a thread on it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They may have the date, but very unlikely any details on what will happen during the dry dock.

I can tell you from personal experience that their knowledge base lists the dates and all planned amplifications.  Remember their job is sales.  So they are given all of the tools.  

Just now, JsMom2 said:

I can tell you from personal experience that their knowledge base lists the dates and all planned amplifications.

That may have been true pre-COVID, but unlikely now. It is very likely that if you ask a CSR what mods Symphony is getting right now in Cadiz or Liberty next month, they won't know.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

That may have been true pre-COVID, but unlikely now. It is very likely that if you ask a CSR what mods Symphony is getting right now in Cadiz or Liberty next month, they won't know.

Because it hasn’t been finalized yet.  They need cash flow coming in before they can do upgrades to ships!  

You are making a guess here, and I am speaking from experience.  I’ve looked up this information myself, and know exactly what information is available. 

1 minute ago, JsMom2 said:

Because it hasn’t been finalized yet.  

I’ve looked up this information myself, and know exactly what information is available. 

That's the point of the OP's question, I think - they want to know will happen. Everyone can tell after the first sailing what did happen.

Then why would you need to call a CSR?

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Then why would you need to call a CSR?

I don’t need to call anyone.  And I have not checked on Explorer.  But in the past, I have looked at other ships.  I know the level of detailed information that is made available.  

The OP asked a question, and I just wanted them to let them know where to find the information. 

Just now, JsMom2 said:

The OP asked a question, and I just wanted them to let them know where to find the information. 

So, why don't you provide that, instead of telling them to call a clueless (for detailed dry dock info) CSR?

• Like 1

Just now, Biker19 said:

So, why don't you provide that, instead of telling them to call a clueless (for detailed dry dock info) CSR?

I provided them with the best way to get the information.  I do not have access to cruise line IT systems this fine Sunday morning.  But the CSR will, IF it is available.   Just trying to help someone out. 

Thank you all for your feedback.  My TA told me it is going into drydock next month, but TA told me no guarantees.  TA also couldn't confirm for sure if pre-planned amplifications would take place.  I figured there are some very in the know people on this forum that might have further info.  

12 hours ago, LuvCruising8 said:

TA also couldn't confirm for sure if pre-planned amplifications would take place. 

Very likely the TA would be even more clueless than an RCI CSR. You are correct that if there would be any useful info, the CC crowdsources would be the best way to get it.

• Thanks 1