HAL's Flight Ease

Sue from Canada

I'm using Flight Ease for the first time this November.  My flights on Air Canada keep dropping in price and I've cancelled and rebooked my flights twice so far (final payment is Sept.1st).

Has anyone booked and had to end up paying a higher price by final cruise payment?

8 hours ago, lostinparadise999 said:

I found that I usually pay the price that is quoted when I first booked. 

Thanks.  From my initial booking to this week I've been able to knock off almost $600 on the flights.  I was going to call my TA to pay for the flights early as I don't think the price will drop that much again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2021 at 5:12 PM, Sue from Canada said:

Thanks.  From my initial booking to this week I've been able to knock off almost $600 on the flights.  I was going to call my TA to pay for the flights early as I don't think the price will drop that much again.

If only your crystal ball was working!!!   

On 7/21/2021 at 7:11 AM, mexico8 said:

If only your crystal ball was working!!!   

Looking at our flights for our Oct cruise the prices is going up and up. When I first book the flights with HAL it was $500 cheaper than the flights 2 months ago...would have kept the flight but HAL changed the itineary and cancelled the flights so had to rebook. Now when I check the flights it has increased a further $200. 

I guess the crystal ball is working as the closer to the cruise the higher the cost of the flights. 

We've used HAL's Flight Ease many times, but only for Economy/Main Cabin seats. We now like to fly Delta Comfort Plus to europe (Amsterdam), which is nicer than Main Cabin, but much less expensive than 1st Class. From what the Flight Ease rep told me this morning, they have a contract to book Main Cabin and 1st Class thru Flight Ease, but don't have a contract to book Comfort Plus. Main Cabin is considerably less if booked with Flight Ease, but Comfort Plus isn't offered. So, we have a choice of booking a discounted Main Cabin through Flight Ease or a full-fare Comfort Plus directly through Delta. We can live with that, but the issue is that Flight Ease lets you pay later and the flight is automatically cancelled/changed if the cruise itinerary changes. The Delta website says if you didn't book directly with Delta, you have to get your TA to change tickets or resolve problems. So, my guess is that if a flight is booked through Flight Ease, we can't upgrade through either Flight Ease or Delta.

I've tried Delta Chat and I've been on hold on the phone for about an hour now.... just to find out if I can upgrade to Comfort Plus with a Flight Ease-booked flight. 

Does anyone have experience with Flight Ease and Delta Comfort Plus bookings?