The Daily for Thursday Jun 10, 2021

richwmn

34 minutes ago, kazu said:

Ever feel like you were being bounced around like a red rubber ball?

Our cruise is cancelled on the Volendam.  HAL is offering to move us to the Eurodam.  Different date, different itinerary, etc.

Let’s see we started on the Zuiderdam, moved to the Volendam, switched to the Westerdam which was then cancelled so stuck with the Volendam.  Now, it’s the Eurodam. <sigh>

I’m going to be busy cancelling flights, hotels & a bunch of cruise on the Future Cruise listing again 😢 

Yay!  Happy you will be joining us!  I'm so excited!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you both for your sympathy.  I'm still a little numb at the losses we experienced last Friday.  Yesterday I was looking at some photos taken with Nancy.  I sent this one to my nieces in case they hadn't seen it before.  They are going to show photos in a video during her visitation on Saturday the 19th.  This is my sister (my second Mother as I called her) along with myself on the left and my twin on the right.  We would be about 2-3 and Nancy would have been 11-12.  enhance

It's a cell phone photo of an old sepia print photo so sorry if it's a little blurry.  

Sandi

This is such a special picture!❤️

• Like 8

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Sam was moved last night from the ICUnto a room on the neuro floor and the ever efficient hospital called me at 2am to let me know. He continues to make progress and we don’t know how much longer he will be in the hospital before going to rehab. I’m grateful for every day.we just never know from one minute to the next how or what will happen to our loved ones.

Carol

Super news, Carol! 🎉

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Yay!  Happy you will be joining us!  I'm so excited!

IF we go.   We’re starting to wonder if we were meant to go this year 😉   

And the new date is not good for us.  But, it would be great to cruise with you two again 😄 

Lots to ponder but first I have to cancel a bunch of stuff.

• Like 8

Good Morning.

I have been spending a lot of time in the garden battling weeds and planting new perennials, as well as this years annuals.  I think I am making progress, then those pesky weeds reappear!

Lemon Drops, always a favourite.

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Val

• Like 14

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you both for your sympathy.  I'm still a little numb at the losses we experienced last Friday.  Yesterday I was looking at some photos taken with Nancy.  I sent this one to my nieces in case they hadn't seen it before.  They are going to show photos in a video during her visitation on Saturday the 19th.  This is my sister (my second Mother as I called her) along with myself on the left and my twin on the right.  We would be about 2-3 and Nancy would have been 11-12.  enhance

It's a cell phone photo of an old sepia print photo so sorry if it's a little blurry.  

What a lovely picture and a precious memory to treasure. ♥️ 

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Sam was moved last night from the ICUnto a room on the neuro floor and the ever efficient hospital called me at 2am to let me know. He continues to make progress and we don’t know how much longer he will be in the hospital before going to rehab. I’m grateful for every day.we just never know from one minute to the next how or what will happen to our loved ones.

Carol

So glad to hear good news on Sam, Carol 👍 

You are so right on being grateful for the time we have ♥️ 

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I think the picture with the riverboat is the Prinsendam, not Amsterdam, after the Winter Garden/Canaletto was installed.

Roy

Yes Roy, thanks for the catch. It is absolutely the Prinsendam. And I had mentioned our wonderful trip up the Amazon on the Elegant Explorer. And then I posted a picture that shows both the Winter Garden AND the ships name. And then I called her the Amsterdam. Clearly I need more coffee.🙄

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Graham, which cruise on Rotterdam were you looking at?

The TA sent us details of the Caribbean cruises in March and April 2023 as we should be in the US then  but we might do a fjords 7 night from Amsterdam or Statendam from Barcelona or Venice in 2022.

We prefer sailing from Southampton England but nothing showing but love both Barcelona and Venice and the Mediterranean itineraries.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Our cruise is cancelled on the Volendam.  HAL is offering to move us to the Eurodam.  Different date, different itinerary, etc.

Let’s see we started on the Zuiderdam, moved to the Volendam, switched to the Westerdam which was then cancelled so stuck with the Volendam.  Now, it’s the Eurodam. <sigh>

I’m going to be busy cancelling flights, hotels & a bunch of cruise on the Future Cruise listing again 😢 

Jacqui, I am so sorry. This seems to be a bit too much like ping-pong. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

As everyone already knows Rotterdam's premier voyage got cancelled today. The email didn't give much hope for me to be on a premier voyage this year.

Sorry Rich. Very disappointing for you. I was looking forward to your report. 

• Like 10

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The TA sent us details of the Caribbean cruises in March and April 2023 as we should be in the US then  but we might do a fjords 7 night from Amsterdam or Statendam from Barcelona or Venice in 2022.

We prefer sailing from Southampton England but nothing showing but love both Barcelona and Venice and the Mediterranean itineraries.

So you should be okay.  I'm sure things will be sorted out by then.  The original Rotterdam inaugural was to be April this year, then they moved it to August 1, now September 26.  Actually I really like the September date, but I would have preferred it to be out of Trieste as it was originally.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I hear you!    We started on the Nieuw Statendam doing the Midnight Sun in June 2020, then got cancelled from the Rotterdam sailing from Montreal to Ft. Lauderdale, then got cancelled from the Zaandam doing a B2B Boston/Montreal/Boston, and now just got cancelled from the Rotterdam doing the Best of Norway September 12-26.   I do note the irony of the start up cruise being September 26th.  Back to the drawing board.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, dfish said:

I hear you!    We started on the Nieuw Statendam doing the Midnight Sun in June 2020, then got cancelled from the Rotterdam sailing from Montreal to Ft. Lauderdale, then got cancelled from the Zaandam doing a B2B Boston/Montreal/Boston, and now just got cancelled from the Rotterdam doing the Best of Norway September 12-26.   I do note the irony of the start up cruise being September 26th.  Back to the drawing board.

And the staff at HAL must be going crazy!

• Like 12

Keeping our fingers crossed for Alaska, 2021!

We sailed the Amazon on Prinsendam, in January, 2011, our only cruise on that lovely ship.  We must have crossed the Bar twice, though I don’t have any memory of it.  

• Like 10

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Ancient Wanderer for your warm welcome.

We are looking at booking HAL for 2022/23 for the first time having cruised since 2003 on P&O,Princess, Royal Caribbean and NCL.

In my 3 days on this thread I have been made to feel incredibly welcome and it makes us want to book HAL.

My SIL has sailed on Niew Amsterdam and Westerdam and said how lovely they were.

Kindest regards.

Graham.

We like to...

RARE HOLLAND-AMERICA CRUISE LIne Commerative Plaque Copper/Enamel! 1948! -  $147.83 | PicClick

• Like 11

1 minute ago, bobpatj said:

Keeping our fingers crossed for Alaska, 2021!

We sailed the Amazon on Prinsendam, in January, 2011, our only cruise on that lovely ship.  We must have crossed the Bar twice, though I don’t have any memory of it.  

You didn't feel the bump?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, richwmn said:

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired. - Jules Renard

Pin by Lenore Carpenter on repins | Lazy quotes funny, Lazy quotes,  Garfield quotes

image.jpeg.8d1fc95ad86a3340ad38cb798864948a.jpeg

140 Garfield ideas | garfield, garfield and odie, garfield comics

Funny Lazy Quotes - Cool Funny Quotes

Laziness Demotivational poster by MarzEz on DeviantArt

Cool Funny Quotes: “Do Nothing Live 150 years” Funny Phrases – Boom Sumo

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 10
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

As everyone already knows Rotterdam's premier voyage got cancelled today. The email didn't give much hope for me to be on a premier voyage this year.

Feeling very bad for you  Rich@richwmn , all of the others that had booked the Rotterdam Premier Cruise  and even for ourselves who had been so looking forward to that cruise for so long it would have been our 3rd Premier cruise of a Pinnacle Class ship ! 

On top of that all of the changes now with a number of other ships in Europe .

All of the work that went into this cruise , the many flights that had been booked , were cancelled and had to be rebooked a number of times because of conditions in the different countries ,  so sad .     

But most of all I just can not imagine the total chaos the Holland America employees are having to deal with ,  having to shuffle crews, passengers etc etc . Credits , refunds trying to keep track of all of these things this must be an unbelievable nightmare .

It is easy to spout off at this and many other companies having to deal with the same problems , so I just hope that in the near future we get back to normal .

Yes we will not soon forget the year of the Covid . Please Take Care and Stay Safe .

For one thing Rich @richwmn I believe you might have set a record with the Roll Call you started for all of us for the Rotterdam cruise with more than 1350 posts ! 

Tony 

• Like 21

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

I guess September 26th will be the Premier but when the ceremonies are is another question 😢 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

So sorry for you Rich and your bashed plans 😢 

• Like 10