The Daily for Thursday Jun 10, 2021

richwmn

3 hours ago, kazu said:

No one had to nag or motivate me.  My PT wished she could tape me.  I just wanted to know what I had to do and how to do it.

I went on our Hawaii, Tahiti, Marquesas cruise with the blessings of my surgeon and PT on the condition I used the hydrotherapy pool for one set of exercise.  (I did 3 sets a day) and I had the schedule when I could upgrade the exercises.

I walked on the ship with my arm in a sling from a complicated elbow surgery.  Had already stared Pt and walked off 30 days later using that arm to tote my luggage 👍 

Physio therapy is no fun but the more you can move. The more you can walk up the muscle and nerves -the better your chances of regaining mobility.

I owe my continued planting and lifting to my surgeon and PT work.  I was told I would lose 15 - 25% mobility after my surgery.  PT pays off.  I lost less than 5%.  I’m not saying that the elbow never hurts but I can do everything I did before and for that I am eternally grateful ♥️ 

Long post -but the message is listen to you PT, and do the exercises.  Short term pain for very long term gain.

When I had my last surgery there was a poster in the unit that said mobility is medicine!  It stuck with me!  

• Like 5

8 hours ago, erewhon said:

The headline of an article in the local newspsper   this morning, states "Do not expect cruise ships until 2022,  tourism sector  told"., at a meeting  with the local tourism industry, to discuss the possible  return of the cruise industry and how it may look in the furure.

The chief executive of the NZ Cruise Association said it was "most likely" cruise ships would not return to Dunedin or New Zealand generally until late 2022.

Thanks for the update on cruising in your beautiful country.  Sad to hear but sadly, understandable.

• Like 2