Princess Rewards Visa Card.

STREETKING

Can anyone tell me if the Barclays Visa On Board Credits requirements have changed recently, specifically I thought  a $500 onboard credit only required 40,000 points. I now see it requires 50,000 points. I thought this was odd because every other $ credit seemed to align with points earned, example 5000 points = $50 credit, 10,000 points = $100 credit. Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part!

Brad

12 minutes ago, STREETKING said:

Can anyone tell me if the Barclays Visa On Board Credits requirements have changed recently, specifically I thought  a $500 onboard credit only required 40,000 points. I now see it requires 50,000 points. I thought this was odd because every other $ credit seemed to align with points earned, example 5000 points = $50 credit, 10,000 points = $100 credit. Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part!

Brad

No you are correct....it was 40,000 for $500.

The Princess Visa Card statement credit is an excellent value especially if you book a cruise in excess of $4001 with a 2% redemption value (50,000 points = $1000 / 100,000 points = $2000 statement credit).

Points can be redeemed for statement credits, starting at 5,000 points for a $50 statement credit toward an eligible Princess Cruise Line purchase. But what makes this card different, and confusing, is that the amount of points needed to redeem will vary by transaction because redemption value is tied to the amount of your Princess Cruise Line purchase:

• $50 - $499.99: You'll get a statement credit redemption value of 1%.

• $500 - $2,000.99: Statement credit redemption value of 1.25%.

• $2,001 - $4,000.99: Statement credit redemption value of 1.5%.

• $4,001 and up: Statement credit redemption value of 2%.

Edited by Syracusefan44
Updated information.