How do under 12 kids can apply for spots?

Eli_6

1 hour ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Blanket dismissal of people over 12 is age discrimination unfortunately. No where in the CDC orders, CSO, or anything else says anything about who makes up the 5%. If CCL chooses to do it, then they are opening a legal battle they may not want to. If there are enough people over 12 on all of those cruise ships, they could turn it into a Class Action age discrimination case. I am more than certain their Legal team will be all over this before they make a decision and tell them what they have to do.

Age discrimination is perfectly legal. Age discrimination is for employment only and only for those over 40. It's perfectly permissible for Carnival, or any other line, to choose children first. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

All the more this makes me think they are just going to ONLY allow the under 12 kids.  You don't need to do follow up or have a detailed form if you can simply look at the booking and tell who is and is not under 12.   I am willing to bet that all the over 12 folks will be told no on their exemption.  And, really, that makes sense because the under 12 kids pose the lowest risk for contracting, spreading or getting seriously ill if they do contract it.

The way the online exemption form was presented for the July 3rd Vista sailing, there have been several people who submitted more than 1 form.  For example, in my specific case, I submitted the first form because it said booking #.  I then realized it should have been my kids' booking # for the exemption.  So I submitted a 2nd form just for the kids' booking.  We are still waiting for a confirmation response from Carnival.  Unfortunately, Carnival only extended the Cancel/Rebook option to Monday June 14th.  So if they dont let us know soon if the kids in our booking made the 5%, we will be out a ton of money.

3 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Blanket dismissal of people over 12 is age discrimination unfortunately. No where in the CDC orders, CSO, or anything else says anything about who makes up the 5%. If CCL chooses to do it, then they are opening a legal battle they may not want to. If there are enough people over 12 on all of those cruise ships, they could turn it into a Class Action age discrimination case. I am more than certain their Legal team will be all over this before they make a decision and tell them what they have to do.

if you read Royal's guidelines for some of the ports they are sailing from this is exactly what they are doing,  Anyone over 12 has to be vaccinated, under 12 has to be tested and have different protocols 

I received this for my July 27th sailing on Carnival

View Online

6617b600-cbad-4bae-abbc-4b99711d11bb.png
Guest Protocols for Carnival Miracle – July 27, 2021 Sailing

Dear Carnival Guest:

We are very excited about our upcoming restart and are looking forward to welcoming you on board!   We know you are awaiting more details about pre-cruise and onboard protocols and procedures and we want to thank you for your patience while we finalized our plans.  

Our Have Fun. Be Safe. protocols and procedures have been designed to maximize the health and safety of our guests and crew while delivering a fun and memorable vacation experience. 

Please take note of our Have Fun. Be Safe. guidelines we expect to follow:
  • Guests, including children who are age-eligible for vaccines, will need to be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination in advance of boarding. (As a reminder, fully vaccinated is defined as receiving the final dose of a vaccine at least 14 days before embarkation.)  For your reference, any vaccine approved by either the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the World Health Organization (WHO) meets this requirement.
  • According to current CDC guidelines, vaccinated guests on your sailing will not be required to wear face masks or physical distance while on board.  However, masks are required at the cruise terminal during embarkation.
  • Vaccinated guests may participate in Carnival sponsored tours or independent activities.  We are in the process of finalizing our Alaska tours and expect more availability to be added in the next few weeks. Please check back on Carnival.com by the end of the month.
  • All guests are required to follow the protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore.  These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice.   We encourage you to come prepared for potential requirements ashore which may apply to health screening/testing, masks, physical distancing, organized tours/independent activities, etc.  
A Know Before You Go email will be sent to you the week before sailing with additional information on embarkation related matters.  Please watch for and read that email carefully, as it will be specific about vaccination verification and other details.

With everyone’s cooperation and support, we are ready to deliver a fun and healthy cruise vacation to our guests. 

We look forward to our great team welcoming you on board soon.

Sincerely,

Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line

• Like 1