wrong FCC amounts

I tried to apply my DH and myself FCC..each was the same amount.  They only gave my DH half.   This also happened to our friends the day before and they were given a really hard time even though they had the paperwork for the FCC in front of them.  Now I will have to call and be on hold for hours to try to fix this.  Has anyone else had this problem?   Was it resolved??

1 hour ago, siren said:

I tried to apply my DH and myself FCC..each was the same amount.  They only gave my DH half.   This also happened to our friends the day before and they were given a really hard time even though they had the paperwork for the FCC in front of them.  Now I will have to call and be on hold for hours to try to fix this.  Has anyone else had this problem?   Was it resolved??

Yes, I’ve had some FCCs that were off.  But they were all easily fixed with a phone call.  I usually get right though on weekends and evenings.  

I also had this issue. After several phone calls, I was told that they had in error credited too much

to my credit card after the cruise was cancelled.  With several cancellations and a ton of credit

transactions on my card, it would have been almost impossible to confirm on my end.

The real crappy part was when I went to use the FCC and couldn't,  I called C&A.  The representative

called the resolutions department (on hold for a long time).  Resolution dept. said it was their

mistake (a new compter program?) and that they had it "fixed" and would receive my new

FCC via email in a few weeks.   A "few' weeks came and was long gone. The new certificate never

arrived, and I wished to use the FCC on another reservation.  I called and through the conversation

was told that the certificate had been reduced because of credit card being credited too much.

I have spend hours trying to reconcile my cancelled cruises to the FCC that I should have received.

It is still not balancing.

18 hours ago, gdwest said:

I also had this issue. After several phone calls, I was told that they had in error credited too much

to my credit card after the cruise was cancelled.  With several cancellations and a ton of credit

transactions on my card, it would have been almost impossible to confirm on my end.

The real crappy part was when I went to use the FCC and couldn't,  I called C&A.  The representative

called the resolutions department (on hold for a long time).  Resolution dept. said it was their

mistake (a new compter program?) and that they had it "fixed" and would receive my new

FCC via email in a few weeks.   A "few' weeks came and was long gone. The new certificate never

arrived, and I wished to use the FCC on another reservation.  I called and through the conversation

was told that the certificate had been reduced because of credit card being credited too much.

I have spend hours trying to reconcile my cancelled cruises to the FCC that I should have received.

It is still not balancing.

I would call and ask them to walk you through all of the transactions.  Since you had multiple cancellations, they may have to go back a few cruises to get all of the information, so have all of your booking numbers handy if possible.  

Many people were over refunded for suspended cruises, and so their FCCs were automatically reduced.  The new system can’t create an FCC for the full amount if there is money “missing” from the booking.  But if you did get over refunded, ask for a goodwill FCC for the remaining 25% that you would’ve received on the FCC. 

When you are doing your calculations, remember to take off taxes, air, transfers. Etc and just use the cruise fare for FCCs. 

Also don’t expect them to be able to explain each refund.  The system sends back strange amounts sometimes that make no sense.  Just concentrate on the total amount you should have received in refunds and FCCs. 
I had to build a spreadsheet to track mine!   

And finally, be sure to get a new invoice after EVERY change.  When an invoice is sent out, a copy stays in the system, that is the best way for the reps to look at the history of your booking.  It shouldn’t be that hard for them, but they are working with ancient IT systems.  

Every time I had a sailing suspended. I called in and got a current invoice from the automated system just to be sure. 

I know how frustrating this is.  Good luck!

Early in this process they adjusted the fare without showing the FCC applied. When the second cruise was cancelled Royal would only restore 125% of the reduced fare.

We had one cruise that showed a total fare of $286. When that was cancelled Royal refunded the taxes and issued an FCC for $286 less the taxes.

Well I had better luck than my friend trying to get it resolved.  I was only on hold for 15 min. Woman looked it up and saw exactly what I was saying and told me it was  a "computer glitch" and fixed it right away. She said it would take 30 days to get it and extended my last payment out 3 weeks. I actually got the FCC in 3 days in my email......all is well!

On 6/10/2021 at 1:54 PM, gdwest said:

A "few' weeks came and was long gone. The new certificate never

was told that the certificate had been reduced because of credit card being credited too much

This has happened to me twice.  We are going to use our FCC's on a cruise in January, 2022, as we can't get a refund now, but we will most likely not sail Royal again. All of this left a very bad taste in my mouth, especially the second time when I was basically called a liar when I read the rep I was speaking to my notes from my previous conversations.  I was in the same boat as you the  first time -  difficult to track the ins and outs - but the second time I knew to the penny what I was due and they still messed it up.

We just booked a sailing for July and requested that our TA apply 4 FCC's to our reservation. The first two apparently went through just fine. The second two declined. Long story short, the certificates were never re-issued after the last cruise we had applied them to was cancelled (back in November or December). After my TA called them this morning they said it would take two weeks to get corrected. We haven't made any payment on this cruise as of yet and the hold on the cabin has now been extended by two weeks so that they can resolve the issue. Hopefully it gets resolved without any further issue. You would think that they could correct the error quicker then that and also expedite the process since we are trying to put this on a sailing that requires final payment now.