Early check in for a hotel in Galveston

trafaelwyr

Hello fellow cruisers!  Back in 2018 when I took my last cruise with my mother and sister, we were able to check in to our hotel (Baymont Inn) rather early (around 1230p).  I don't know if this was due to my mother saying something to the person at the front desk, but I've been looking at hotels to stay in around 8/28 and it seems that the hotels all have a check in time of 4pm.  This is kinda late, in my opinion.  Are there any hotels (preferably close to the beach) that have a check in time in the morning or at least around 12p?  Is the 4pm check in time flexible if you get there early (like we had done in 2018) or do the hotels have to stick to it?  I know, this is kinda a strange question, but I can't believe a hotel won't let you check in early.  Suggestions, ideas?

1 hour ago, trafaelwyr said:

Hello fellow cruisers!  Back in 2018 when I took my last cruise with my mother and sister, we were able to check in to our hotel (Baymont Inn) rather early (around 1230p).  I don't know if this was due to my mother saying something to the person at the front desk, but I've been looking at hotels to stay in around 8/28 and it seems that the hotels all have a check in time of 4pm.  This is kinda late, in my opinion.  Are there any hotels (preferably close to the beach) that have a check in time in the morning or at least around 12p?  Is the 4pm check in time flexible if you get there early (like we had done in 2018) or do the hotels have to stick to it?  I know, this is kinda a strange question, but I can't believe a hotel won't let you check in early.  Suggestions, ideas?

It's usually flexible, with a lot depending on the previous night.  My guess is that an early check-in on a Wednesday is far more likely than an early check-in on a Sunday. Chances are less that all the rooms were slept in on a Tuesday night, therefore more likely to check someone in early the next day in a room that doesn't have to be cleaned.

Galveston is extremely busy this summer.  I wouldn't count on an early check-in.  Any hotel will take your bags early if you want to go play tourist until the 4pm check-in though.