Noordam Brunch, Feb 21 Questions??

M.S JAZO

Ok, so i just got found a message on my machine, I am invited:D , But its just me, I would like to get together with some CCers onboard and i guess we can sit together at Brunch. I dont want to be so alone:( .

Also, what to wear, I was thinking nice pair of dress shoes, a pair of dockers and a nice shirt, or Polo shirt. What do u think, I will probably take a car into and out of the city, as to get there by 9:45am would involve Rush hour traffic? Thanks for the advice, hope to meet some onboard1:D :D

I am also going to the brunch on the 21st. I am coming from York, Pa and I have about a three to three and a half hour drive into NY. My daughter will be coming with me. I have plans to meet Vic at the pier so we can board together and also have brunch together. We have had this planned for quite awhile. we both have each others cell phone so we can keep in touch . I will probably get there last as I have the greatest distance. If you would like to also wait till I get there, you are most welcome. Vic is on a cruise right now so I'll have to be the one to make the plans with you. The more the merrier!!!!! Please feel free to email me and we can make plans and exchange cell numbers so we can keep in touch. Adele My email addy is trehciew@aol Hope to hear from you.

Ok, so i just got found a message on my machine, I am invited:D , But its just me, I would like to get together with some CCers onboard and i guess we can sit together at Brunch. I dont want to be so alone:( .

Also, what to wear, I was thinking nice pair of dress shoes, a pair of dockers and a nice shirt, or Polo shirt. What do u think, I will probably take a car into and out of the city, as to get there by 9:45am would involve Rush hour traffic? Thanks for the advice, hope to meet some onboard1:D :D

Are they sending you an invite? Without one, I doubt you'll be allowed to board, let alone gain entrance to the area... :confused:

As ekerr said, suggested dress is business clothes. You may wish to wear a sports jacket/blazer or suit.

Yes.....

In Boston, Dinner Friday night is Business Attire.

In New York, for dinner Tuesday evening, it was supposed to be Formal but has been changed to Business Attire.

Thanks for the info. I promise not to wear my 'business attire'.... painting smock, beret etc.

I do think that 'long johns' for the guys and furs for the ladies will be needed for embarkation. I'm told the big freeze will be back this weekend.

Stephen

Ohhh, Stephen........No painting smock or beret???!!! The paint on that smock is the paint on the beautiful art that hangs aboard those 'dam' ships. How could that smock not be 'welcome garb'. :)

Actually I wear a pair blue bell bottom trousers and a blue serge tunic with the pale collar and three white stripes when I'm painting HAL ships. The uniform was loaned to my by one of the HAL bosun's many years ago.

When I'm away from my easel for a long period and feel like getting paint on my hands I join in with the crew painting the side of the ship. You have seen me I'm sure. I'm the one who doesn't quite look Indonesian!

My paint, by the away, comes from International Marine Paints... in litre drums.... same stuff they use on the ship.

Stephen

:rolleyes:

My paint, by the away, comes from International Marine Paints... in litre drums.... same stuff they use on the ship.

Litre Drums.....That's A LOT of Paint, Stephen. Thank you for sharing things of this sort with us!

I am always eager to open your posts. They are always wonderful to read.

Litre Drums.....That's A LOT of Paint, Stephen. Thank you for sharing things of this sort with us!

I am always eager to open your posts. They are always wonderful to read.

Well Sail7... you need a lot of paint when you got a lot of rust! ;)

Thanks!!!

It is 2.44 am here... I'm still tidying up my studio. We leave for the airport at 8.30!

Stephen (Tired)

Anyone know the Ndam's schedule for arriving/departing Boston? New York? Thanks.

arr Boston 0700 Fridal

sail 0100 Sunday

arr NY 0700 Monday

sail Wednesday.............. when we are ready! ;) Supposed to be at about 1645 hrs

Stephen (Up again after 1.5 hours sleep..... I'm determined to sleep on the flight!))

There's a post by "Mr. Boston" that says he has spotted her coming into Boston.....now?? Apparently he is in one of the high-rises in Boston using his binnoculars????

Here is his post:

#1 Today, 12:56 PM

Mr. Boston

Guess Who's Making Her Arrival in Boston?...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...If you guessed ms Noordam you're right!

I brought my binoculars with me today especially for this event as I work on the top floor of the tallest office building in the financial district. I've been scanning the horizon periodically this morning to try and spot her. It's also a little hazy today but at 12:50pm est I spotted her about 20 miles out to sea! She's steaming right along!

I'll update you when she gets into port.

How exciting!

[/b]

Archived