Barcelo Maya Riviera - LIVE - June 20-28

Saint Greg

Oh gosh. So the collectivo can’t leave until it has 6 people. Could be all day. Wish I knew that going in. I walk two blocks to the bus station. The next bus to coba is at 10:36. I ask a taxi. He quotes me the equivalent of 50 dollars. I walk back down by the collectivo. Still no passengers. I figure I’ll get a better picture of the tulum sign

2FBDDAB4-35BF-4D54-B690-165F1F0D0429.jpeg

CB0BE375-4C7A-498E-A7E4-06575DC69568.jpeg

• Like 1

I walk back across the street. Still no passengers. I stop at this restaurant where a waiter tried to get me to eat. So I’m at one of his tables and I ordered a beer. They don’t serve till 10. I got one on order.

414EF154-BE10-4A45-987B-B159F466785E.jpeg

So That was 50 pesos. I gave him 70. I walk back down to the bus station. A ticket is 55 pesos. I think that’s one way. After paying I look and I only have 100 pesos left. I should have $150. And 150 is about what I figure I need for the ruins and to get back. I go to the atm and take out another 300 pesos. With ATM fee that’s $21.

I just redid my math. I didn’t lose 50 pesos. Buying that beer just threw my trip math off. I think I would’ve come in just right otherwise. Now I’ll have more than enough I guess.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3