Will antigen covid test be req'd to re-enter usa?

firefly333

I know cdc says there are still covid tests required and usa has a antigen test to re-enter the usa. Even if I didnt get off in the ports, we would be in international waters. I'm assuming a test will be required to get off when I get back to Galveston. 

Asking because I'm following birdtravels aboard adventure live review. He mentions all the time slots were taken the day before the ship gets back and only slots left the day the ship arrives back in nassau. They cant fly home without results of the test. USA requires it.

I'm ready to move on to protocols for vista.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I know cdc says there are still covid tests required and usa has a antigen test to re-enter the usa. Even if I didnt get off in the ports, we would be in international waters. I'm assuming a test will be required to get off when I get back to Galveston. 

Asking because I'm following birdtravels aboard adventure live review. He mentions all the time slots were taken the day before the ship gets back and only slots left the day the ship arrives back in nassau. They cant fly home without results of the test. USA requires it.

I'm ready to move on to protocols for vista.

According to the CDC restricted cruise guidance, testing to reenter the US after arriving by cruise ship is only required for unvaccinated passengers. I suppose that the cruise lines can decide to test vaccinated passengers as well at their discretion.  

Testing of Embarking and Disembarking Passengers for Restricted Voyages

Screening Testing of All Embarking and Disembarking Passengers for Restricted Voyages
  Not Fully Vaccinated Passengers Fully Vaccinated Passengers
Embarkation Day Testing Viral (NAAT or antigen) Not Applicable*
Disembarkation Testing ^  Viral (NAAT or antigen) Not Applicable
Back-to-Back Sailing¥ Testing Viral (NAAT or antigen) Not Applicable

* While embarkation testing is not required, international travelers arriving in the U.S. are recommended to be tested 3-5 days after arrival, including those who are fully vaccinated. Cruise operators may follow this recommendation at their discretion.

^ Disembarkation testing is only required for voyages of more than 4 nights.

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That's good to know.  So why is rcl testing all to re enter usa. Maybe because they have to fly home?

Waiting for vista to go, ready to KNOW. 

RCI is testing all passengers because they will be flying home. Also because the Bahamas is requiring it to reenter their country.  Even though testing is not required for vaccinated passengers on embarkation under the guidance, RCI is now testing all passengers before boarding from Nassau. I fully expect they will be doing so at US ports as well as an added level of caution. 

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That's good to know.  So why is rcl testing all to re enter usa. Maybe because they have to fly home?

Waiting for vista to go, ready to KNOW. 

https://www.bahamas.com/travelupdates#:~:text=Unvaccinated cruise guests will be,5 rapid antigen testing requirement.

STEP 3: Day 5 Rapid Test

• Unvaccinated cruise guests will be required to take a rapid COVID-19 antigen test on the fifth day of their cruise. Cruise lines will provide onboard testing for their guests.
  •  
  • Fully vaccinated travellers will be exempt from the Day 5 rapid antigen testing requirement.
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

https://www.bahamas.com/travelupdates#:~:text=Unvaccinated cruise guests will be,5 rapid antigen testing requirement.

STEP 3: Day 5 Rapid Test

• Unvaccinated cruise guests will be required to take a rapid COVID-19 antigen test on the fifth day of their cruise. Cruise lines will provide onboard testing for their guests.
  •  
  • Fully vaccinated travellers will be exempt from the Day 5 rapid antigen testing requirement.

This is the Bahamas rule only. The US requirement for an antigen test to fly back to reenter applies to ALL cruisers (vaccinated and unvaccinated). 

• Like 2