New Entry requirements to Sint Maarten for USA/Canada Effective July 1st.

pixiedust777

• pixiedust777 changed the title to New Entry requirements to Sint Maarten for USA/Canada Effective July 1st.
33 minutes ago, amcb said:

I saw this earlier today.  I wonder if they're just trying to keep it simple for people so their timeline coincides with Celebrity's.

🙂 amcb

This actually makes it harder for those of us flying in a couple days early….

13 minutes ago, NanaPam00 said:

This actually makes it harder for those of us flying in a couple days early….

I don't disagree. We are flying in the day before so that means 48 hours to get the test done, results back, and approval from St. Maarten. I'm hopeful things will change by the time we sail at the end of July.

🙂 amcb

54 minutes ago, amcb said:

I saw this earlier today.  I wonder if they're just trying to keep it simple for people so their timeline coincides with Celebrity's.

🙂 amcb

So is Celebrity's boarding requirement an rt-PCR test 72 hours before arrival in Sint Maarten or is it rt-PCR test 72 hours prior to boarding the ship? If it's 72 hours before arrival in Sint Maarten, this seems illogical. What if I arrive at SXM two weeks before my cruise? I know this has been brought up before, but I am still confused.

Thank you.

39 minutes ago, seatrial said:

So is Celebrity's boarding requirement an rt-PCR test 72 hours before arrival in Sint Maarten or is it rt-PCR test 72 hours prior to boarding the ship? If it's 72 hours before arrival in Sint Maarten, this seems illogical. What if I arrive at SXM two weeks before my cruise? I know this has been brought up before, but I am still confused.

Thank you.

Celebrity’s is 72 hours before boarding the ship.

To enter Sint Maarten is 72 hours from the last leg of your flight into SXM.

This means that if you were planning on spending a couple days on the island prior to the cruise you would need to get another test in order to board the ship.

Pixie is correct. In our case, we fly in to SXM July 1, and sail July 3. This means to meet both 72 hour requirements, we must get one PCR test no earlier than Monday afternoon and another no earlier than Wednesday afternoon. No fun, but we are willing to do it to sail.

• Like 1

This is pretty much not possible for us at this point, unless we get tested the second time on the island due to flying in early. This is starting to feel like too much trouble. We may switch to a Fort Lauderdale sailing. 

1 hour ago, seatrial said:

This is pretty much not possible for us at this point, unless we get tested the second time on the island due to flying in early. This is starting to feel like too much trouble. We may switch to a Fort Lauderdale sailing. 

We decided it was too much trouble. Our TA is transferring our booking to Celebrity Edge.