Have you ever booked a Family Harbor room?

Derbie

We are booked on10/2 for two Family Harbor cabins on the Mardi Gras.  This is the first time, we are going this type of route. If you booked a FH cabin, did you like it?  We have four kids sailing with four adults.  Ages: 15, 13, 11 and 5.  I am hoping we made a good call. All recommendations or comments gladly hoped for.

Well, you're on Mardi Gras, the ship itself should be pretty fabulous. I almost booked a Family Harbor cabin while doing tons of mock bookings before deciding to actually book. Sounds like a really nice setup with the dedicated lounge with Breakfast and snacks throughout the day. My son would have loved the video games they're supposed to have. The only knock on spending extra for FH is there is so much to see and do elsewhere on the ship, you may not actually use the FH area much.

I did book a Family Harbor in 2016 on the Vista out of Barcelona.  There were only 3 of us. The cabin was the same size as a standard Oceanview, but we had two bathrooms.  It was great to have the two bathrooms, but really in our case we didn't net all that br. space. I would suspect you could use the additional space.  We did love the 'family room' area. We grabbed breakfast there, we grabbed snacks, hung out and enjoyed the additional space.  I loved the room. Worked well for us. 

• Like 1

We have done the family harbor and absolutely loved it. At the time my kids were 7 and 10 and it allowed them some freedom. We would let them go there and hang out and felt comfortable with it. Having the small breakfast buffet was fantastic and the ice cream machine in there was a hit. The only drawback was all of the pay movies were free in there and I think my now 10 year old still has nightmares over watching IT with the older ones. 

• Like 1

I haven't before, but I have one booked on the Horizon for next year.  But when I booked our Mardi Gras cruise for this Thanksgiving, I decided not to because the ship only has interior or ocean view for the family harbor suites.  Had to settle for an ocean suite 😞  Was really surprised to see they had no family harbor balconies on the Mardi Gras, but it's all good.