July 3 Odyssey cancelled

19 minutes ago, cruzcactus said:

What is happening with the first 2 cruises in August on Odyssey? On there website it shows August 14 sailings and after? Are there sailings in early August and why are they hidden now? This is nuts, and no emails about these changes..........

I'm booked on the August 14th sailing. My reservation was changed today to show Odyssey and the new cabin assignment.

15 hours ago, sugcarol said:

I hope they are not doing antigen tests. If positive they need to do the PCR to verify. I will not cruise on a ship that uses Antigen, it is too un reliable, some countries and also Hawaii will not accept them. The two on Celebrity had 2 positive antigen tests and then had 48 hour PCR and it was negative. I would not trust an antigen.

There is conflicting information on the PCR test results for those two passengers.  One travel agent on board said the PCR was negative.  Several others on board commented that the PCR test was positive.  Two positive antigens followed by a positive PCR.  Given that the passengers remained in isolation and were flown home by private airplane courtesy of Celebrity, my guess is the PCR results were positive.  I don't think the cruise line has publicly commented though.

19 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

IF the crew got the J&J vaccine with only a 66.3% efficacy rate, I'm concerned about more positives in the future. Pfizer's vaccine showed efficacy of 94%-95%, so why not wait for that vaccine?

Pfizer’s 2nd dose is after 21 days, then you’re ok after another 14. So 35 days total for Pfizer vs 14 for J&J. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Care to offer an explanation of this opinion?  

It was a bit of sarcasm in that RCI blamed the "war" for canceling the season in Haifa, they might as well blame it for their inability to get the crew vaccinated, when in reality they probably just couldn't make it work. We may never find out why.

8 hours ago, Sky616 said:

Thought the vaccines worked?  Lol.  

Yup. That’s exactly how vaccines work. Mild or asymptomatic illness in just a few people. Had no one been vaccinated it likely could have been a major outbreak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1