Final Payment for November 2021 Dawn cruises?

azcruise

I have read numerous articles saying that along with changing the cancelation policy to 61 days for the rest of 2021, the final payment has also changed to 60 days.  My TA (VTG) has called NCL and been told that our back to back to back cruises still have a final payment at 120 days, which for the November 7th Venice round trip is coming up on 2 July.  The other two (Venice to Rome, Rome to Tampa) will be shortly thereafter.

I really hesitate to put out a lot of money when not one NCL ship has sailed!  

Has anyone heard anything about the final payment being pushed? On that other platform people mentioned that their Caribbean November cruises had the final payment pushed to 60 days.

Jan

5 minutes ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

I have a back to back in November, 2021.  The final payment date was pushed from July to September.

Which cruise is it?  We are on the Dawn.

14 minutes ago, azcruise said:

Curious.  I emailed the VP of guest services.  I hope they let me know. 

Doing a test booking on NCL's website for the Dawn Nov 7, 2021 sailing the final payment due date is September 8th.  Travel agencies often collect payment a few days earlier than NCL's final payment date.

Did you email the NCL VP of guest services or someone at your travel agency?  Your travel agency is who you should be dealing with since you booked your cruise through them.   If you don't get correct answer / invoice with a September due date I'd ask to speak to a higher up at your travel agency.

I quickly got a response back from Katty Byrd, VP of Guest Services for NCL - 

Thank you very much for writing in.  It is always great to hear from valued guests such as yourself.

I can confirm our press release dated May 26, 2021 included our extension of our 60-day final payment requirement to all voyages with embarkations through Dec. 31, 2021, instead of the standard 120 days, allowing for more flexible booking.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me should you require further assistance.

Regards,

IIf you go to the Newroom section on the NCL page, and look at one of the last paragraphs on the May 26 press release about Eight more ships starting up, it is there.  I am sending it to my TA

Jan

6 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

BTW, which airline are you using? are you departing from PHX or TUS ?

We took the NCL Air package. $900 total for three of us..  From the tentative info on the Summary page, it looks like a tour of the world's airports. It has changed twice already. Currently PHX-DEN-MUC-VEN....   We hope it goes back to PHX-LHR-VEN. I am a million miler on American, but using miles was crazy "expensive"

We are about equidistant between Tucson and Phoenix.  Currently staying with a friend in Mesa because we had to evacuate due to the Pinnacle Fire....

Just now, mapleleaves said:

Thx for your flight info. 

I usually fly BA or Virgin to London, but both are too pricey at this point.   

So I'm looking at AA thru ORD or UA thru DFW.  Have never flown int'l with either.

Hopefully your flights get changed so you don't make so many stops.

Just now, mapleleaves said:

I have done a ton (both pleasure and work) of Internationals on AA. Nice enough.  Since DEN and ORD  are United hubs, we assume currently it will be United. DFW is an AA hub.  Would love the AA option, but for the price, I can survive whatever!  I just want to travel!!

3 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

Hopefully your flights get changed so you don't make so many stops.

Thanks, so do I, but for $300 per person, I will survive!!  Return from Tampa is direct to Phoenix. $299 total for the three of us.

44 minutes ago, azcruise said:

We took the NCL Air package. $900 total for three of us..  From the tentative info on the Summary page, it looks like a tour of the world's airports. It has changed twice already. Currently PHX-DEN-MUC-VEN....   We hope it goes back to PHX-LHR-VEN. I am a million miler on American, but using miles was crazy "expensive"

Just curious, the current air offer is b1g1, nothing for the 3rd guest.  Was there some offer for 3rd guest at the time you booked?  We looked at adding our daughter to a Jan/2022 Panama cruise, there's no offer/discount for her airfare.

1 minute ago, Middleager said:

Just curious, the current air offer is b1g1, nothing for the 3rd guest.  Was there some offer for 3rd guest at the time you booked?  We looked at adding our daughter to a Jan/2022 Panama cruise, there's no offer/discount for her airfare.

We were just charged for the first and third person for air. On this cruise, third person sailed free, as well.  We are booked in a S4 2-bedroom suite.

• Like 1