Is everything REALLY full????

19 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Not the case in Alaska.  Hotel rooms are now twice(or more) what we booked for August.  And there are little to no rental cars available.  So glad we booked our flights/hotels/car when we did!  Pent up demand for travel is here.

I agree.  I booked a week long road trip right after they canceled my June Radiance cruise (I should be in Vancouver today ready to board tomorrow).  Incredible deal at the time.  Now the prices have increased and car rentals are hard to find.  Glad we booked our Denali bus tour as well because they're only running half full buses for social distancing purposes.  This is not the year to wait for good deals.  If you see one for any form of vacation jump on it because it might not be there tomorrow.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 12:03 AM, Redtravel said:

Take a look, many hotels aren’t full. Many are offering incredible deals.  

really? I looked up our usual destination in Florida for our usual dates in August, and whereas the price per night was $200 pre-Covid (which I thought was too much to begin with - we cruise for less), it is now $500 per night. And, unlike the cruise, the hotel room or condo rental does not include all you can eat food or entertainment. 

Oh, and a 1 day rental car for our November cruise was $150 one way a month ago, and now it's $500 one way - for 1 day!!!!!!

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 6/17/2021 at 3:43 AM, molly361 said:

Mariner has availability August 30th 4 nights.  Looks like still insides OV Balcony and suites 

I don't know when school starts in PA where OP is, but here it starts the first week of August and even the last week of July, so a cruise on August 30 will not do any teachers any good.  Sorry!

48 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I don't know when school starts in PA where OP is, but here it starts the first week of August and even the last week of July, so a cruise on August 30 will not do any teachers any good.  Sorry!

Public school in burbs of philly are starting right around 8/30.

• Like 1