September 4, 2021

Gittargo

@Gittargo  Whatever you arrange, make sure you can cancel without penalty on short notice, as the ability to travel independently might change at any time. The latest Seabourn has posted about this is that "Independent tours or on-your-own exploration are currently permitted by local authorities. Guests are advised that shore excursion operations are subject to change on short notice due to revisions in local health restrictions."

You might want to see if there is a Roll Call for your cruise, or create one if it doesn't exist yet. This is typically the best place to meet fellow travelers and make plans.

Thank you. I thought I had started a roll call with my message as I could not find one. How did you locate my message? What should I do to get one going? I understand about the refundable aspect and have made sure of that on bookings, thank you.

@Gittargo Your message here is in the regular Seabourn forum. Rolls calls are separate; use the link I posted in my original reply, which goes directly to Ovation roll calls, or the one from mraven above, which goes to all Seabourn roll calls, and then click on your ship. Search to make sure there's not already one for your cruise -- I didn't see one on quick glance -- and one doesn't exist, create a new one.

Edited by cruiseej
Added link and clarification

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 5:19 PM, Gittargo said:

Thank you. I thought I had started a roll call with my message as I could not find one. How did you locate my message? What should I do to get one going? I understand about the refundable aspect and have made sure of that on bookings, thank you.

I started a Roll Call for our September 4 cruise just last week, so please join us.  My daughter and I are on this cruise and would definitely be interested in independent excursions depending on the port.  We usually do private excursions or just do our own thing in ports.  This will be my first Seabourn cruise—my daughter has cruises with them before.

Look forward to sailing with you!