Beverage Package question -

DaCruiseBug

We're used to cruising on Celebrity where there's no requirement for all adults to purchase the beverage package but I know Carnival does.

If there's myself and kid in a cabin obviously the kid won't be charged the beverage package. 

So what happens if I book myself and kid in the cabin and buy the beverage package online...and then later add in my girlfriend to the cabin...will it automatically charger for her beverage package as well or will I be able to get away with it? She doesn't drink at all that's why I ask.

I don't know how it would break down, whether your Cheers would be cancelled or your friend's automatically added, but, no, you would not get away with it.  If the get around you propose worked, it would become a norm.

Edited by naxer

5 minutes ago, naxer said:

I don't know how it would break down, whether your Cheers would be cancelled or your friend's automatically added, but, no, you would not get away with it.  If the get around you propose worked, it would become a norm.

This is the answer.

• 2 months later...
On 6/20/2021 at 1:33 PM, SNJCruisers said:

No loop hole with the scenario you proposed.  If it was just you and the kid, then you could purchase it.  As soon as the second adult is added, then it's  either both adults or no Cheers.

Well...update time...

Guess what? Only I was charged for the drink package and the other adult was NOT.

Looks like the loop hole works after all.

• Like 4