Nieuw Statendam Aft Balcony

I am considering booking an aft-facing balcony on Deck 8 of the Nieuw Statendam. I realize this cabin is under the Sea View pool and have concerns about noise from scraping of chairs early in the morning and whether noise from music and people talking will interfere with my enjoyment of my balcony. I also understand the balcony is fully covered, is that correct? 

Any insight into these issues is much appreciated!

Our last cruise was on the Koningsdam, sister ship of the Nieuw Statendam, in cabin 8188.  The balcony is large and fully covered.  Noise from above was minimal.  We did, however, feel some of the engine vibration at times, but not a lot.  Overall, I loved the cabin and would book it again!

25 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

Our last cruise was on the Koningsdam, sister ship of the Nieuw Statendam, in cabin 8188.  The balcony is large and fully covered.  Noise from above was minimal.  We did, however, feel some of the engine vibration at times, but not a lot.  Overall, I loved the cabin and would book it again!

I am on 8197 for the spring which is the mirror of 8188.  How was the cabin size?  Thanks for your input.  

28 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

thanks so much!  The engine vibration doesn’t bother me so this is very helpful 😊

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I am on 8197 for the spring which is the mirror of 8188.  How was the cabin size?  Thanks for your input.  

The size of the cabin itself seemed to be normal for a veranda cabin.  The balcony itself, however, was noticeably deeper in size.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mtn2Sea said:

The size of the cabin itself seemed to be normal for a veranda cabin.  The balcony itself, however, was noticeably deeper in size.

Thanks, the photos show a large balcony. I was a bit concerned because the rooms are in a curve bit the view looks wonderful. Thanks.