Xcarat offered by Carnaval again?

3smithboys

We are going on the Mardi Gras June 2022. I thought that I read that Xcarat had been offered as an excursion by the cruise lines in the past. Is this not happening anymore at all or is this because of COVID? I was hoping to go there: however, I’m not comfortable going there on my own.

We have done many excursions through 3rd party vendors, but I feel Xcarat is too far away and having to take the ferry puts another layer of travel that concerns me with getting back.

Looks like you are docking in Cozumel on June 26 so you want to be posting questions on that forum -

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/131-cozumel/

Right now due to Covid-19 and our Orange status some of Xcaret is not open, but that should change by the time you cruise. Since you prefer not to use independent tour you will  need to check the Carnival excursions offered as you get closer to your sail date.

Edited by blue_water

7 hours ago, blue_water said:

Looks like you are docking in Cozumel on June 26 so you want to be posting questions on that forum -

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/131-cozumel/

Right now due to Covid-19 and our Orange status some of Xcaret is not open, but that should change by the time you cruise. Since you prefer not to use independent tour you will  need to check the Carnival excursions offered as you get closer to your sail date.

Thanks so much for your reply. I will definitely keep checking! 

• Like 1

No worries! Just didn’t want you waiting for replies on this forum. There haven’t been cruises to Cancun in many years so having this forum on a cruise site is odd, and it also creates confusion for many folks cruising to Cozumel and Calica for the first time. Cancun is a land vacationer’s destination that is too far from cruise ports to visit and really has nothing to offer day visitors. So yes check out the Cozumel forum, that is starting to get much more active now that cruises are finally back! 

• Like 1