Book through Princess or CruiseOne?

Shade58

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows much about the 'cruise experts' called CruiseOne, a travel agent that deals just in cruises. I've never heard of them, I've never cruised before either. They are nation wide and independed owned. When I book my Alaska cruise in July 2007, I want to know the best way to do this, through Princess or this travel agent? We do have a CruiseOne in my area that I never knew exsisted. It's a pretty small operation I think, because the business is out of their home. I called them and they told me they couldn't do much right now until the stuff is out for 2007.

Anybody book through CruiseOne?

Thanks

Shade

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows much about the 'cruise experts' called CruiseOne, a travel agent that deals just in cruises. I've never heard of them, I've never cruised before either. They are nation wide and independed owned. When I book my Alaska cruise in July 2007, I want to know the best way to do this, through Princess or this travel agent? We do have a CruiseOne in my area that I never knew exsisted. It's a pretty small operation I think, because the business is out of their home. I called them and they told me they couldn't do much right now until the stuff is out for 2007.

Anybody book through CruiseOne?

Thanks

Shade

Shade: If you pretty much researched the time and the ship you want to sail on.. Like we did, we went to *****.com

Put in our time and ship and then let the cruise companies submit us prices.

Theres a good handful on that site. After you get bids.. check around to see has a better deal if any. BQ pointed me to that.

In 2004 I think we used Cruise Adventures ( or close to that) I contacted them for this seasons travel to Alaska back in November of 2005, heck they could not even find our past information.

How much personal service did I get using *****.com once it was said and done? Not much, but then I didn,t get that much the old fashioned way.

Seems a lot of travel agents (TA) are just order takers.

I am sure there are still really good ones out there, I just have not found them.

It definately pays to compare and keep comparing. Booking early, it is still necessary you keep track of pricing trends yourself, immediately contact the booking agent for an adjustment if you see a price drop.

Frankly, few agents really know much about Alaska and most of those nothing beyond cruisetours for interior information. And plenty nothing beyond reading the brochures, as found out many many times on this site, the real scoop. :)

So do your homework, I need nothing more from an agent than a valid ticket. So I always book based on price. If you are on this board, already you are doing YOUR homework for your cruise choice. The more you know the better your choices will be based on your touring priority.

We have used CRUISEONE since 1998. We have been very happy with them. They are a huband and wife team, very knowledgeable. They have lived all over the world. They have helped us with Hotels, Tours, Meet and Greet and much more. Once when we were in Paris we were not happy with the hotel. They made arrangements for a new hotel for us the next day. We have had other TA's but for us CRUISEONE is a keeper.:)

Thanks all, for the information. I will continue checking everything. I haven't cruised before, and keep reading that if you really don't know what you are doing, and want to make sure everything goes smoothly, that a TA is the way to go. I got a quote back from Princess through email the other day, and it was a eye opener. It was 8 thousand plus.

That was for a good balcony for two

July 2006 sailing

Cruisetour # 3S in Princess Book (11 days)

Airfare from Maine

Extra day after cruise (we wanted an extra day before also, but it was all

booked up, so she couldn't get a price)

It didn't include any Excursions we'll be taking

So we'll probably need at least 10,000.00.

Sound about right?

Has anybody booked with Princess???

Thanks all, for the information. I will continue checking everything. I haven't cruised before, and keep reading that if you really don't know what you are doing, and want to make sure everything goes smoothly, that a TA is the way to go. I got a quote back from Princess through email the other day, and it was a eye opener. It was 8 thousand plus.

That was for a good balcony for two

July 2006 sailing

Cruisetour # 3S in Princess Book (11 days)

Airfare from Maine

Extra day after cruise (we wanted an extra day before also, but it was all

booked up, so she couldn't get a price)

It didn't include any Excursions we'll be taking

So we'll probably need at least 10,000.00.

Sound about right?

Has anybody booked with Princess???

This is a very high cost and frankly a poor choice with only 4 extra days for a land tour, just not enough time. If you are at all interested in doing some homework, you could get a way superior land tour and significant cost savings by going on your own. See twice as much as well.

Plan your time in Alaska seeing and doing stuff, not stuck on long train or bus rides on fixed schedules point to point.

I do not care what my cabin is so a cheap inside is my preference, but I went for 19 days in August and with everything was about $5500, with two flightseeing trips. Used http://www.toursaver.com for significant savings. here are some photos if you care to see- http://community.webshots.com/user/budgetqueen

Okay I have booked with Princess. But decided to try to find a better deal for my money. Was high like yours was.:( Went to the ***** website. I wish I had found these boards before. :( I have 2 balconies booked on the baha deck side by side for friends and us. Now am worried we are getting screwed. We will see. Thanks for all the info. Hope I can save money!!

This is a very high cost and frankly a poor choice with only 4 extra days for a land tour, just not enough time. If you are at all interested in doing some homework, you could get a way superior land tour and significant cost savings by going on your own. See twice as much as well.

Plan your time in Alaska seeing and doing stuff, not stuck on long train or bus rides on fixed schedules point to point.

I do not care what my cabin is so a cheap inside is my preference, but I went for 19 days in August and with everything was about $5500, with two flightseeing trips. Used www.toursaver.com for significant savings. here are some photos if you care to see- http://community.webshots.com/user/budgetqueen

I agree...seems high!

What a defference compared to what you paid!

Your price for 5500, was for two people right?

Thanks for your help :)

Archived