Celebrity air question

Cruzmama

I would like to use delta points on our flight back from Rome after our transatlantic in April. Can Celebrity do this?  Or is it best to do it on our own?. Will more flights be opening up for May?  They seem high now or will they just get higher?  I just don’t know how long I should wait to book. 

8 hours ago, Cruzmama said:

I would like to use delta points on our flight back from Rome after our transatlantic in April. Can Celebrity do this?  Or is it best to do it on our own?. Will more flights be opening up for May?  They seem high now or will they just get higher?  I just don’t know how long I should wait to book. 

Celebrity cannot redeem your airline points - you need to do that directly with the airline.  Keep in mind that there is still tremendous uncertainty regarding long-haul international air schedules - flight times and options WILL change between now and closer to departure.  How long you should wait to book is up to you -- many airlines are offering extra flexibility now to cancel for any reason.  Example, as an AAdvantage member, I can cancel an award ticket at any time before flight departure and have all of the miles redeposited into my account.   There have been multiple times where the mileage ask has come down and I have cancelled and rebooked.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cruzmama said:

If you are pricing a one way from Rome to the US, you are probably running into the one way surcharge problem.  Years ago, the airlines seemed to have eliminated this surcharge on domestic flights, but most international flights still have a hefty surcharge.  You might try to do a multi-city itinerary: Louisville to Miami or Fort Lauderdale, then Rome to Louisville, and you might get a much better fare.  Also, Celebrity seems to have contracts with airlines that permit it to get good prices on even one way airfare, which is perfect for a transatlantic itinerary.  Good luck.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1