Oosterdam Repositioning in October

NORTHSHOREPAIR

Just saw that the Oosterdam repositions from Vancouver, BC to San Diego, CA the beginning of October for a 4 day voyage. Has anyone taken this trip...if so, how was it?

Looks like this would be great for DH and I...wedding anniversary is the beginning of October. Plus - our last cruise on the O we meet some really wonderful friends from Vancouver and my husbands only complaint about San Diego was that he didn't have enough time to visit.

Thanks for your help

Deb

I did a repo last September on the Veendam from Vancouver to LA, and the short 3-day Coastal in May on the Oosterdam. Both were fantastic cruises, and made for a nice short getaway without having to go on a full-blown 7 day cruise.

That being said however, I live a 15-minute walk away from Canada Place. I don't know how far I'd fly for a short cruise. BUT if you guys have some friends here in Vancouver, and plan to tour San Diego a little afterwards, then I'd say the repo cruise on the Oosterdam might be just what you're looking for.

I absolutely love those coastal repos! I have taken three so far and am booked on a 4th. San Diego is a "take the train to" port for me, so they are also very convenient. You will probably be short on ports, one or possibly none, but that is exactly why I like the repos. The extended sea time is pure relaxation, with nothing more stressful to think about than "do I want the creme brulee or the chocolate volcano cake for dessert?" I think such a cruise would be a perfect anniversary get-away.

I have been on the Oosterdam, and she is a fine ship.

Cheers,

Friday

I'm thinking the 4 day cruise would be an additional benefit to visiting 2 great cities on each end of the trip...plus we could only use a weeks vacation time to accomplish a lot.

And yes, all those major decisions you need to make on the cruise ship....coffee in a little nook of a lounge or on my veranda.........

Archived