covid restrictions on board

dalliowner

Has anybody seen what restrictions will be on board when cruises start next week . Will masks be required when walking around the ship, how about around the pool and in the lounges. I would hope those boarding soon will have be told by now ?

2 hours ago, dalliowner said:

Has anybody seen what restrictions will be on board when cruises start next week . Will masks be required when walking around the ship, how about around the pool and in the lounges. I would hope those boarding soon will have be told by now ?

It seems like those heading out on these relaunch cruises are going to be our human guinea pigs - they’ll get to experience this in real time and report back as it’s not crystal clear what everything will look like.

We are watching everything in July and August closely as we hit the start of our penalty period for the holiday cruise in the second half of August.  We are discouraged that Seabourn has not announced the vaccination requirements beyond October and the vague statement I saw posted elsewhere offered no comfort.  

I’d now place our odds of cancelling at greater than 50% as we have zero desire to be on a ship with unvaccinated passengers.  We are fully vaccinated and certainly feel okay going about our daily lives here at home.  We know it’s possible we could still contract and transmit the virus but are now unlikely to become seriously ill.  But the downstream complications that might arise if we have an aysymptomatic contraction/transmission abroad is a complicating factor and until we fully understand what that looks like (being abruptly offloaded in an inconvenient port or detained at the end of a holiday), it’s a risk we have to plan for.  

• Like 4