Noordam 7/30 - Cabin Question

PokerDog

We are booked in a VH class-cabin. It looks like these are the worst verandah cabins on the boat. I was told by my TA that they have put in an upgrade request, and there is a good chance for an upgrade. I realize noone really knows for sure, but does anyone have an idea about what the chances of an upgrade really are? If I am looking at the deck plans correctly, there are only 4 VH class cabins on the entire ship. Has anyone stayed in one of these or have any idea of what they are really like? Thanks for the help.

Frank

We are on this cruise as well. In my experience, I have gotten upgrades on both my HAL cruises so I went with a guarantee on this cruise vs. booking an actual specific cabin. At the end of the day, it's a crap shoot though.

Cate and KK, thanks for your responses to this "newbie" to CC and also a first-time cruiser. So far things have been overwhelming trying to book everything by myself. I booked my cruise with an internet TA to get a good price. I booked my airfare recently on the AA site after reading all of the posts saying that airfare will not go down, now I am seeing posts talking about "the summer sale on Continental". Next up is to finalize travel arrangements from the airport to Rome and Rome to the Pier. Then, excursions....it has been fun but yet a bit daunting and problematic as well. Anyway, thanks again for your responses.

Thanks to the posters who responded earlier, but I was hoping for some additional responses. Does anyone know about the VH cabins - apparently there are only 4 on the ship and I don't think they are very desirable. We were told it was a guaranteed class and chances are good for an upgrade. Any other HAL experts with experience or insight on upgrades? Thanks.

With many people booking guarantees for a balcony, I think chances are very likely you will be in a higher level veranda cabin. Some may have a little bit larger balcony but all in all, they are truly the same. Some people think the higher deck on board the better, but that is not always true, especially if there is bad weather or you are near-sighted like I am!! Truly, you have done a fine job at planning!! There are some suggestions here on this board regarding transfer services. We have booked a private tour to Ostia Antica and a transfer from our hotel in Rome to the Port with LimoInRome. com. Good luck and I hope you have a fantastic time!!!:D

With many people booking guarantees for a balcony, I think chances are very likely you will be in a higher level veranda cabin. Some may have a little bit larger balcony but all in all, they are truly the same. Some people think the higher deck on board the better, but that is not always true, especially if there is bad weather or you are near-sighted like I am!! Truly, you have done a fine job at planning!! There are some suggestions here on this board regarding transfer services. We have booked a private tour to Ostia Antica and a transfer from our hotel in Rome to the Port with LimoInRome. com. Good luck and I hope you have a fantastic time!!!:D

Localady, thank for your kind wordse. These VH cabins look like they are at the very front of the ship, almost at the bow and are right above the Vista Lounge. They also have a steel railing. Hopefully, we will get the upgrade, but if not -we will make the best of it. After all we will be on vacation - ON A CRUISE. How bad could it be?

Archived