18-25 Year Old Get Togethers

Travel R

My family is looking to go on another Norwegian cruise next summer (Alaska on the Bliss).  My older daughter will be in the 18-25 (over 21) age range for this cruise.

In my research I have only found a few older references in a few posted Dailies and posts (on here and elsewhere), but the latest was in 2018. My question is: are these meetups standard on the Bliss for all itineraries. Or have they been discontinued?

Thank you for your responses.

I have not seen any 18-25 meet ups. There is always a Solo Cruiser meet up which could be close, or could be creepy. In 2018 on the Bliss, it was held in a public bar. In 2019 on the Joy, it was held in a public bar.  In 2019 on the Encore, it was held in the studio's lounge which is only accessible if you are a studio traveler. There is late night 18+ dancing in the Social. 

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I have not seen any 18-25 meet ups. There is always a Solo Cruiser meet up which could be close, or could be creepy. In 2018 on the Bliss, it was held in a public bar. In 2019 on the Joy, it was held in a public bar.  In 2019 on the Encore, it was held in the studio's lounge which is only accessible if you are a studio traveler. There is late night 18+ dancing in the Social. 

Thanks. As stated, I have seen this listed on older Dailies, but could not find anything more recent. At 22, my DD is looking for a few friends her age to hand with instead of her parents.  For a 22 yo female, the solo meet would be very creepy. I'll let her know about the 18+ dancing at Social. Thanks again!

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

In 2019 on the Encore, it was held in the studio's lounge which is only accessible if you are a studio traveler. 

That is not usually the norm. When's it's advertised in the dailies and held in the studio lounge, the entrance will be left opened to allowed any other solos to join in.

There is some other line (can't remember which one) where I have seen 18-20 get togethers, but I haven't seen one specifically for people over 21 and thus able to drink legally.  I guess they assume you would just meet at the actual bars/clubs.  😃

Thanks everyone!

Don't know how I did not see this - but found this "event" listed on a 2020 Daily - https://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-bliss-daily-programs.html.

Although under most circumstances my daughter would be embarrassed if she knew that I was performing this type of search, it is part of my research between the Bliss and another ship/line as to the demographics.

An aside - I did see18-20 meet-ups on on of the Princess ships we were looking at.

FYI - I did book a family cruise on the Bliss next year.

Thanks again,

Travel R

Young people seem to find one another around the pool and dancefloor, according to my daughter (now 27, cruising with us since she was 14).  She thinks it is easier for young women to gather and chat than it was for guys.  That is, a woman can complement another woman on her outfit or hair, or make a comment about the music, decor or whatever without being creepy, and it can be enough to break the ice.

Hit the fitness center for yoga or zumba, etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sue Do-Over said:

Young people seem to find one another around the pool and dancefloor, according to my daughter (now 27, cruising with us since she was 14).  She thinks it is easier for young women to gather and chat than it was for guys.  That is, a woman can complement another woman on her outfit or hair, or make a comment about the music, decor or whatever without being creepy, and it can be enough to break the ice.

Hit the fitness center for yoga or zumba, etc.

Thanks.  She is personable, but I guess the trick is finding where the young adults her age will be. It's a Alaskan cruise, so demographically not as many 21-25 year olds.  I will suggest the fitness center.

Also thinking about it, the people that age will most likely find each other as you said.

Yes, I, the dad, am the one worrying about this (a year in advance of the cruise).

Thanks again!

Edited by Travel R

7 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Four years ago on the Gem there were young adult meet ups several nights, my 19 and 20 year olds went (I signed the beer/wine waiver).

I had no idea that was an option. I guess I cruise Carnival too often.