Journey Asia itineraries at risk?

Drebay

10 hours ago, Laganlady02 said:

I believe this sailing will be changed to exclude Turkey and Israel. The ship will NOT be doing two sailings. I think my interpretation is sound, please read it all. Azamara will introduce new itineraries they just are not in a position to reveal when that will be. Do you really think they are preparing the ship to sail for it to remain tied up in Glasgow?

It is my understanding that all three ships will be heading to dry dock in Cadiz soon. Quest first at the end of this month and Journey and Pursuit at the beginning of August. The dock space is booked. Of course what happens from there with the delayed starts for Journey and Pursuit, not sure. 

Phil 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 8:13 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

It is my understanding that all three ships will be heading to dry dock in Cadiz soon. Quest first at the end of this month and Journey and Pursuit at the beginning of August. The dock space is booked. Of course what happens from there with the delayed starts for Journey and Pursuit, not sure. 

Phil 

The issue is the longer Azamara delay in publishing the new itineraries for Pursuit and Journey the relatively short time they have to sell them.

A quick look at the new 5 Quest Greece sailings shows a very poor uptake across all cabin types. I don't think they will have any trouble with social distancing as there will be very few people on board.

The price point for these cruises was set very high. Approx 330 pounds pppn for CC and 700 pppn for CW. Really? These cruises should have been discounted to reflect the fact that they are basically test cruises.

I hope when they release the new Pursuit and Journey itineraries in July they will have more reasonable pricing.

19 minutes ago, Laganlady02 said:

The issue is the longer Azamara delay in publishing the new itineraries for Pursuit and Journey the relatively short time they have to sell them.

A quick look at the new 5 Quest Greece sailings shows a very poor uptake across all cabin types. I don't think they will have any trouble with social distancing as there will be very few people on board.

The price point for these cruises was set very high. Approx 330 pounds pppn for CC and 700 pppn for CW. Really? These cruises should have been discounted to reflect the fact that they are basically test cruises.

I hope when they release the new Pursuit and Journey itineraries in July they will have more reasonable pricing.

My point was to clarify that they are not going to be tied up in Glasgow much longer. Which at least is moving forward. 

Phil 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Laganlady02 said:

From a U.K. perspective I don’t think the price is an issue as they compare quite favourably with some recent prices for CC & CW grades, biggest problem is the continued changes to travel restrictions. For us it’s too big a risk to suddenly find one of the visited ports added to the U.K’s red list and the possibility of costly and uncomfortable hotel quarantine, I’m sure we’re not the only ones.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1