Check-In Process Question

mollygirl

For those that have checked in for the upcoming Vista sailing, were you required to enter credit card info for onboard expenses during the check-in completion?  I have a cruise in Aug on the Horizon and it would be helpful to have an answer. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, mollygirl said:

For those that have checked in for the upcoming Vista sailing, were you required to enter credit card info for onboard expenses during the check-in completion?  I have a cruise in Aug on the Horizon and it would be helpful to have an answer. Thanks!

I was able to check in today for Horizon July 18th. I did have to put in cc/debit card info for an onboard expense account. 

29 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

I was able to check in today for Horizon July 18th. I did have to put in cc/debit card info for an onboard expense account. 

Thanks!  Have fun on the Horizon!  My cruise in Aug will be my 2nd time on her.  A great ship!  It has a whole new feel in my opinion.  Only thing I wasn’t impressed with was the buffet.  Very limited choices for such a large ship.  But there are many other options for food.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

You don't have to input a credit card.  You can select cash account.  Once onboard you can add a credit card if you like or add cash to your account at a kiosk.

Good to know.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, mollygirl said:

To save time and mistakes. I always do it on line in the app doing check in. Same with the Passport and the picture.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

To save time and mistakes. I always do it on line in the app doing check in. Same with the Passport and the picture.

So I have uploaded passport pic and my picture for previous Princess cruises on their app.  Is Carnival now doing that as well? 

8 minutes ago, mollygirl said:

So I have uploaded passport pic and my picture for previous Princess cruises on their app.  Is Carnival now doing that as well? 

When I did the check in today, I did not see this requested nor an option to do it. I could be blind though, it was early as heck and I had no coffee. 

52 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

When I did the check in today, I did not see this requested nor an option to do it. I could be blind though, it was early as heck and I had no coffee. 

Ok so it seems you can choose your check-in time without giving them all the info.  My concern is I want to get an early check-in slot and my cabin mate doesn’t live with me.  I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to without her being with me.  Thanks for your input!

1 minute ago, mollygirl said:

Ok so it seems you can choose your check-in time without giving them all the info.  My concern is I want to get an early check-in slot and my cabin mate doesn’t live with me.  I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to without her being with me.  Thanks for your input!

Yep, you can skip everything, go to arrival times, select your time, save, then complete later. That’s exactly what I did. Woke up at midnight, chose 1030, passed out, woke up at 6ish, finished the check in. 

3 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

Yep, you can skip everything, go to arrival times, select your time, save, then complete later. That’s exactly what I did. Woke up at midnight, chose 1030, passed out, woke up at 6ish, finished the check in. 

Perfect - thanks sooo much!  Can’t wait to get on board!