Global Entry Card renewal

GottaKnowWhen

14 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

I recall doing all of the previous address entries whenI first got the card 4 years ago. I think I only had two entries there. I don't remember even seeing the question when I renewed. Just a guess, but are you somehow filling out an Initial application rather than a Renewal application? All of that earlier information should be in your record...

I am pretty sure I was doing the renewal application because all of my previous information was there. That’s why I don’t understand that I kept getting the error message on the address. My present address was there along with all of the other information step-by-step. I didn’t have to correct or change anything. I guess I’ll just wait a few days and then try again. Thanks for your reply.

I just finished my renewal and thought I'd share an option that worked out well for me. I ended up needing an interview for my renewal (likely because of all of the countries I did manage to visit in the last 5 years pre-pandemic). My nearest interview center is a 4 hr drive or 1 hr plane trip, but they are now piloting a Zoom interview process which I was able to get an appointment for just a few days after I logged in and took less than 5 minutes last night.  Done and approved immediately without ever having to leave home!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sherylc said:

I just finished my renewal and thought I'd share an option that worked out well for me. I ended up needing an interview for my renewal (likely because of all of the countries I did manage to visit in the last 5 years pre-pandemic). My nearest interview center is a 4 hr drive or 1 hr plane trip, but they are now piloting a Zoom interview process which I was able to get an appointment for just a few days after I logged in and took less than 5 minutes last night.  Done and approved immediately without ever having to leave home!

It is great when things work out!

Passports  have also been mentioned in this thread… My wife applied for a renewal in early May, we got word Monday that the new passport etc are in the mail on their way back… So, about 12-13 weeks for that one.

Stan

On 8/3/2021 at 10:37 PM, Sea Day Cruiser said:

I am pretty sure I was doing the renewal application because all of my previous information was there. That’s why I don’t understand that I kept getting the error message on the address. My present address was there along with all of the other information step-by-step. I didn’t have to correct or change anything. I guess I’ll just wait a few days and then try again. 

I tried again today and was successful in getting the application for renewal completed. This time instead of using the iPad I used my very slow very old computer. On the address section there was a banner across the top with the dates 2016 to 2021 so I assume they only wanted information from that five-year period. I don’t remember seeing that when I was using the iPad.  So I deleted the previous addresses that were over 25 years old and it didn’t matter I still got the error message. I went back to the address section just kept looking at it. It would be nice if they point out where the error is instead of just saying there are errors. There was absolutely nothing incorrect in that section. So I decided to try deleting the last four numbers on the nine digit ZIP Code. I never add those last four numbers anyway; some websites do it automatically. After deleting them I hit confirm and everything went right through. So if anyone has a similar problem check your ZIP Code. If it has the five digit ZIP Code plus the four digits the post office etc. sometimes adds delete them.

My application was accepted and now I just have to wait to see if it’s approved and if I need an interview.

• Like 1

Just an FYI. I had to apply for a renewal of my Global Entry. I still had a few months left but wasn't sure if it would be delayed. It took just 36 hours for my application to be approved!! No interview Yay! I even paid for it with my credit card and the free GErefund is already there. Id been putting it off but easy peasy!!

• Like 1

I know this post is about renewals, but I started reading it because my DH and I had just applied for GE for the first time.  I got my accepted pending interview approval within a week but his didn't come for two more weeks.  This was mid August.   When we went to set up appointments for interviews we found that there was very limited availability.  We live close to DFW which had no slots period.  We could have made a four hour one way drive to Austin for a mid September appointment.  We finally decided to make appointments in Las Vegas during a mid November trip there.  We will of course keep checking for availability at DFW but at least we have something this year to get our status set up before traveling a lot in 2022.  I thought I would post for those thinking about the time line for initial applications for GE.   Do it now if you need it for an early 2022 international trip.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

I know this post is about renewals, but I started reading it because my DH and I had just applied for GE for the first time.  I got my accepted pending interview approval within a week but his didn't come for two more weeks.  This was mid August.   When we went to set up appointments for interviews we found that there was very limited availability.  We live close to DFW which had no slots period.  We could have made a four hour one way drive to Austin for a mid September appointment.  We finally decided to make appointments in Las Vegas during a mid November trip there.  We will of course keep checking for availability at DFW but at least we have something this year to get our status set up before traveling a lot in 2022.  I thought I would post for those thinking about the time line for initial applications for GE.   Do it now if you need it for an early 2022 international trip.

I am in the dfw area also and am going to apply for GE for the first time. I have a May 3, 2022 cruise in Europe. How far out was the next available interview slot at DFW? 
thanks 

There weren’t appointments available in my area either. We showed up at one of our local airports and they were nice enough to do our interviews. It didn’t appear that they were even busy. I don’t know why it is so hard to schedule the appointment. It seems like they have a breakdown in their scheduling system. The employees said that they didn’t know why the system shows no availability when they are actually available. It’s nice having the pre-check for flying. 

13 minutes ago, ymncruise said:

There weren’t appointments available in my area either.

19 minutes ago, tromvest said:

I am in the dfw area also and am going to apply for GE for the first time. I have a May 3, 2022 cruise in Europe. How far out was the next available interview slot at DFW? 
thanks 

No appointments were available there at all when we checked for DFW.  I don't know how often something comes up.  We were very surprised by this because of the assumed size of staff at DFW with so many incoming international  flights.

8 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

No appointments were available there at all when we checked for DFW.  I don't know how often something comes up.  We were very surprised by this because of the assumed size of staff at DFW with so many incoming international  flights.

Thank you very much for the heads up. I will apply this week and get the process going. 

Reading this thread caused me to make a connection in my head that I probably should have made before. 

As with several posters, times were very different for me and my husband. We applied hours apart. He got his approval, pending interview, within 18 hours. Mine took three months. His interview was about 4 minutes, two of which were spent discussing an investigator both the agent and hubby know. Mine was over 20 minutes, and the person interviewing me really grilled me. 

Prior to getting GE, I would be "randomly" selected for additional screening at airports about 90% of the time, both domestically and internationally. In June, for my first flight since 2019, I was "randomly" selected for additional screening again, I was pulled out of the TSA PreCheck line. 

I've often thought that my name or biometrics might be similar to someone on watch lists. If that's true, that may be why my GE process was so different from Hubby's. 

For those whose times/processes were different from your spouses, has anyone else experienced frequent additional screening? I know it's not statistically impossible for me to have extra screening so often, but it is statistically unlikely.