Anyone optimistic about cruising soon?

Bobbingbob

Hello to you all

I haven’t looked at this website for a very long time so I am pleased to see it is still here and functioning thanks to you all! I was just wondering whether/when anyone is hopeful of resuming cruising, this year or next? Or maybe someone somewhere has already been able to take a cruise?

I think some cruise lines are insisting on vaccinated passengers only but with Costa this does not seem to be the case?

I would be interested to know what any recent cruisers felt about safety measures and if they enjoyed a relaxing cruise?  UK government advice (and USA, too, I think) still seems to be against cruising even if you are fully vaccinated. 
Does anyone know if there have been any recent Covid outbreaks?

I am not trying to be deliberately gloomy as I am really hoping to begin cruising again as soon as possible!

When all of this began last year we booked to go with P&O on a Caribbean cruise In March 2022, thinking the world would be back to normal again. Now with 261 days to go I am watching what happens keenly as cruises start to sail again. Because right now I would say I feel its 50/50 as to if the cruise will go ahead and if it does if we will still want to do it if there are a lot of onboard restrictions. 

The situation is unpredictable, I agree, and it would be really great to hear from any early brave cruisers as to what it feels like onboard right now and over the coming weeks and months. I noticed yesterday a kind Italian cruiser posted a really interesting review on here of the Smeralda back in November I think it was.

I really hope that by March 2022 you WILL have a great cruise! 

I’ve noticed some ‘flash’ warnings during my browsings on the Costa U.K. website saying that due to current restrictions some of the usual Costa Club privileges may not be available. I am sure cruising now will be a totally different experience to pre-Covid.

• Like 1

I (albeit foolishly) threw caution to the wind and booked a cruise with MSC for July 19th!! 🤔  Of course now it's a waiting game over the next two weeks for confirmation that we'll be allowed onboard - LOL!!  If we aren't I'll be booking a last minute cruise with Costa. Nothing like having no idea what's happening with a vacation that starts in 14 days. 🤣  I am very excited to return to sailing, and I'm sure it will be a lot different from what it used to be, but enjoyable nonetheless.  ☺️

• Like 1

Good luck and really hope you’ll be OK to board. Totally understand your excitement and fingers crossed for you. 
Whatever happens, have a very enjoyable and safe cruise whether it’s with MSC or Costa and please let us know how it all goes.

• Like 1