Celebrity Edge 2nd Post COVID Sail Eastern Caribbean 7 day from FLL

Just saw that three passengers were debarked in St. Maarten for not following safety protocols. Seems that they were unvaccinated and decided to either not stay with their Celebrity sponsored excursion or did not book one to begin with. Not sure but I did see video on YouTube of them being led off the ship with luggage in tow. Good for Celebrity.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MaverickPrincess said:

We did see folks without vaccination bracelets being reminded by crew and fellow passengers to mask up and pull their chin diapers on properly. Not sure why they were traveling if not vaccinated, but could have been health issues not allowing them to get the vaccine. 

I do NOT presume to speak for others, but if my health issues prevented me from getting a CoViD vaccine, I’d be the world’s most diligent mask wearer/mitigation employer.  I also would not choose to travel to places with less than stellar health care. 

I guess they have reasons I do not understand. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

Just saw that three passengers were debarked in St. Maarten for not following safety protocols. Seems that they were unvaccinated and decided to either not stay with their Celebrity sponsored excursion or did not book one to begin with. Not sure but I did see video on YouTube of them being led off the ship with luggage in tow. Good for Celebrity.

Agreed that was great for Celebrity to enforce the rules. They were very clear.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

Do you have a link to that, please? I’ve tried searching with two browsers as well as directly on YouTube. I’m striking out. It might be my poor signal here on vacation. 
TiA

On 7/4/2021 at 2:08 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

Did they explain why it took two hours to get your luggage at 2pm when you boarded at 12?   It certainly does not seem like expedited service.

We boarded at noon and didn’t get luggage till 5pm we had done a move up from sky to penthouse suite,  had several people checking to find our luggage, they do try to cater to passengers in the penthouse suite, we were treated like royalty the entire week. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 6:13 AM, dani negreanu said:

100%, again.

We're not talking here about "getting the job done". We're talking about the "added value" (or "something in addition" in legalese...).

IMHO.

Every captain and crew I’ve ever experienced got the job done. 
Few have remained in my mind after the cruise. I haven’t sailed with Captain Kate yet, but I have sailed with Captain Leo more than once. His stories of his grandfather have made me smile. I love the way he describes the ship’s position in his 10 am announcements. 
I can’t think or hear of him without thinking, “Life is beautiful.” 
A competent Captain results in a competent job done. There is nothing wrong with that. A fun, memorable Captain makes a cruise extra special.