Staycation changes?

The Med

I was disappointed in the options available for my British Isles cruise in September both in terms of variety and cost. I get horrendous motion sickness so anything involving a coach is torture and a lot of the trips seem to be coach trips past various points of interest.

The only trip I wanted to do was already sold out (possibly because the attraction has timed entry still) despite regularly looking to see if the trips were available. Very disappointed that there is no trip to Culloden despite them saying in the blurb for Invergordon that it's nearby. And annoyed to see a walking tour of Liverpool ending in a pub when we can't walk around independently. I can't understand how that could possibly done in a socially distanced way when no rules will apply to anyone else in Liverpool. And at $85 a head. Must be the world's most expensive pub at the end of the trip!

I'll just be staying on board I think and hoping to revisit some of the ports at a later date. When we can sort out own, more interesting trip for less than Cunard is asking for. Annoyingly this will be my last cruise for a while because I'm expecting so I was very much hoping for the rules to be relaxed on cruises as they were relaxed on land. But I'm still excited to be getting on board - so long as I can get that doctors note to prove I'm safe to travel!

On 7/21/2021 at 12:25 PM, SALAD MUNCHER said:

You are so right. Who would want to pay $100 to go to Cheshire Oaks! It is truly madness. I will not go on any excursion if this is the case. I have already done this cruise in 2019 on QV so have visited all towns we are stopping at, both on that cruise or whist travelling independently at other times.

As I said, who wants to sit on a bus with groups of other travelling miles to visit a particular "place of interest", when you  are far more safe taking yourself off for a walk in the fresh air, using your own judgement on risks and safety.    

I think it may be more to do with keeping groups in bubbles. So if someone in your excursion gets covid they know who they were in close contact with. I think the excursions dropping you off independently aren’t actually happening in reality.