is it better to take cab to grand cayman 7 mile beach, or take the $25 pp exc

ellen4641

Oh Ellen, take the cab.

We have been to Grand Cayman several times and we just have a cab drop us off at the Marriott. I can't remember how much it is exactly but it's also a reasonable walking distance if you are in good health/good shape. We usually take a cab there but then stroll back to the ship at our leisure.

Cab for sure. Last year we left the ship very early and the cab took us across from the Holiday Inn and we stayed all morning. Nobody ever took any admission charge from us...guess it was free...huh? We gave never paid for a ship excursion. We always take a cab or a public ferry boat to various beaches.

I had a feeling the answer would be CAB............as it is probably annoying to feel like a herd of cattle waiting for the excursion to leave...

plus extra unnecessary bucks $$$ shelled out to the cruise line.....etc, etc..

and the holiday inn or marriot is probably only a few miles from where the ship docks right? those hotels are right on 7 mile beach?

thanks again.........

We had a really good taxi tour around the island. Our driver was a native but with a Scottish accent, very friendly and helpful, $20 per hour. We were very happy with her. I have her contact info if needed goav@sbcglobal.net

You know why the Scottish accent don't you? First time I went to the Caymans (Cayman brac) I saw a black guy with flaming red hair and green eyes. I inquired about this and was told the Caymans were settled by a Scottish slave ship that crashed on the reef and the rest is history. It really is an interesting brogue when you hear the original language spoken.

Archived