Celebrity Edge Tours (August 2021) ~ Can't Decide on Excursion

IsItTimeToCruiseYet?

Hello:

My husband and I will be sailing on the Celebrity Edge in August 2021.  Roatan is a new port for us and we are interested in a few excursions.

1 ~ Tabyana Beach Break  

2 ~ Maya Key Private Island Retreat

3 ~ Accessible Roatan Monkey, Sloth & Iguana Interaction

First choice would be either Tabyana or Maya Key.  We like to snorkel but would like to have a lot of shade when we aren't in the water.  Which is better for shade?

We are also interested in the Roatan Monkey, Sloth & Iguana Interaction.  Was hoping for a non-accessible tour but Celebrity only has this one listed.  Any idea why?

Where do we dock? 

Thank you very much for your help!

Celebrity docks in Coxen Hole.  Maya Key is just a short ferry ride away, you can see it from port.

Beach is a tad rocky there and snorkeling can be mixed since it's close to the water traffic.  But they do have animals of all sorts there.  Best way to get the most of your time.

Tabayana has excellent snorkeling and most places have shade. But you are far away from any sloths or monkey stops.

From what I'm hearing though you can't yet book a private excursion or take a taxi to sloths, monkeys, iguanas.  So ship excursion is your only choice and you'll be stuck with whatever timing the tour takes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late to the discussion here, but my vote would have been for the Taybayana beach break.  I did that back in 2015 with RCL and had such a wonderful time.  The beach was amazing, the snorkeling was great and the whole vibe was really nice.  Yeah, it takes about 30 min to get there, but it's worth it.  I might be doing that again on my RCL sailing out of Galveston on 8/29 - there's another excursion I might do tho.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:06 PM, KonaPoodle said:

There was a "regular" monkey sloth etc excursion and an accessible version. My guess is the regular version sold out but the accessible version still had space. 

Thanks for letting me know.  Will keep looking just in case there's a cancellation.

On 7/28/2021 at 6:29 PM, trafaelwyr said:

A bit late to the discussion here, but my vote would have been for the Taybayana beach break.  I did that back in 2015 with RCL and had such a wonderful time.  The beach was amazing, the snorkeling was great and the whole vibe was really nice.  Yeah, it takes about 30 min to get there, but it's worth it.  I might be doing that again on my RCL sailing out of Galveston on 8/29 - there's another excursion I might do tho.

Thanks for your feedback. I originally booked Maya Key but for some reason it was cancelled. No explanation why. I did book Tabyana Beach Break with Lunch.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 12:28 PM, BrotherCraig said:

Tabyana Beach Break is on West Bay Beach.  Amazing and the snorkeling from the beach is incredible.  Lots of bars and restaurants up and down the beach.  We love that area of the island.  

Thanks for the information and glad you had a wonderful experience. Are there shaded areas there?  I love the sun, my husband... not so much.  

17 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Thanks for the information and glad you had a wonderful experience. Are there shaded areas there?  I love the sun, my husband... not so much.  

I looked at the pictures I took back in 2015 and yes, there are areas where there are not so high palm trees where you can get a lounger to sit under.  Here's a picture I took to give you an idea.

P1010007.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trafaelwyr said:

I looked at the pictures I took back in 2015 and yes, there are areas where there are not so high palm trees where you can get a lounger to sit under.  Here's a picture I took to give you an idea.

P1010007.JPG

Thank you very much for the visual, it's greatly appreciated.  Will make sure that we find that area.  If you have any other tips since it's our first time there, it will help me plan the day.  Thanks again!

On 7/30/2021 at 5:32 PM, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Yes.  There are a lot of trees so you can find shade.