When will Viking Ocean assign a guarantee veranda cabin?

C-sea

19 minutes ago, Triptkr said:

Would it be an accurate assessment in saying that if Viking assigns the cabin prior to departure day that it would be only after final payment and not before?   

No idea if that’s their usual procedure, but that was the case for us. Our cabin was assigned very shortly after our final payment.

• Thanks 1

So after reading this thread yesterday, I woke up to an email this morning from Viking saying my stateroom had been assigned for our March cruise!  I thought I had it all figured out and that we wouldn't get a stateroom assigned until after we did final payment but I was wrong.  

Didn't get an upgrade but still exciting to have our cabin location figured out!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Triptkr said:

So after reading this thread yesterday, I woke up to an email this morning from Viking saying my stateroom had been assigned for our March cruise!  I thought I had it all figured out and that we wouldn't get a stateroom assigned until after we did final payment but I was wrong.  

Didn't get an upgrade but still exciting to have our cabin location figured out!

Nice!

We never got an email; I discovered the assignment when I checked MVJ. Maybe they sent one to our travel agent?