Rescheduling Options

wenocancer2

Self admittedly, I have been off this site for more than a year.  It was just too sad to be on here and know that I couldn’t cruise.  However, prior to the pandemic, we had a cruise booked and have every intention of cruising again in the not so distant future, so I’m back to help get pumped!

Of note, I obviously will be checking with Carnival on our options, but over the years I have found so many helpful cruisers on this site that I wanted to check here too because I want to be sure I ask the correct questions when I do talk with Carnival.

My family had two rooms booked on the Horizon for a January 2021 cruise (one balcony, one inside). Due to the final payment being due prior to Carnival canceling our cruise, we chose to reschedule—which we did for January of 2022, in an effort to not lose money. Several weeks later, Carnival did officially cancel our original cruise, but I digress…

As it stands today, we are again booked on Horizon for January 2022 with one balcony and one inside cabin.  This is really fine for my husband and myself, but both of our adult children have, in the meantime, graduated college and have gotten full time employment which does not allow them to take vacation at that time. 

So what are our options?  Can we reschedule again?  Can we find other cruisers and transfer the booking?  Even at a cost?  Is Carnival making different options due to Covid?  I do not expect any special treatment or services, I just want to know what options we have in this still somewhat fluid cruising industry.

Standard canc applies for the most part. If they still require vaccinations and your kids haven't they might make allowances, but next January idk of any special allowances to cancel and reschedule. 

Even name changing one of the original pax needs to stay on the booking. 

Edited by firefly333

Since you are still aways off from your travel date, I would start by taking to who you booked thru (TA, Carnival PVP, or other).  They should be able to determine if there is any fee for canceling or rescheduling your kid’s room.  

I did exactly as you did last year and MOVED an existing booking to a future date BEFORE Carnival pulled successive plugs; no regrets on the lost OBC.  But also no additional fees involved at that time.  Carnival is generally flexible right now in terms or rescheduling.  True cancellation puts you on a time limit to get your $$ back.  Good luck.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3401/~/i-need-to-cancel-my-booking%2C-is-there-a-penalty%3F

I was going to come back from a cruise with my girlfriend, wash clothes, repack and hop in the car to sail out of Orlando the next day with my DH. I was afraid those 2 were too close together. 

I just changed my husband cruise in Nov 2021 and moved it to January 2022.  I just called my PVP.  There was no fee.   Not sure if it’s because I have had my PCP for years or if they are easy on the rules right now.