Back to back staycation cruises - rules being relaxed?

davemorton

I don't know about P&O but I got an email today from FO about my cruise in August. 

It said " We're writing to let you know about a new opportunity that has arisen.  Now that all guests sailing on your cruise will be fully vaccinated,  Government guidelines allow us to reintroduce back-to-back sailings" 

I expect other cruise lines will start doing the same,  probably why they said passengers have to be fully vaccinated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, davemorton said:

Do any of the people in the know, know if they may be thinking of relaxing the no back to back cruise rules if restrictions get relaxed on the next government update please? 

If they did relax this rule, I would certainly be looking to back to back our current staycation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

If they did relax this rule, I would certainly be looking to back to back our current staycation.

Yes, me too, 4 nights is just not long enough, especially travelling down from the NE

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davemorton said:

Yes, me too, 4 nights is just not long enough, especially travelling down from the NE

Would you not consider moving to a 7 night on Britannia?  You are so right about that journey from the NE. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

Would you not consider moving to a 7 night on Britannia?  You are so right about that journey from the NE. 

I already have a Princess cruise booked, but was hoping to add on to the end/do something before that, but the B2B ban covers all the Carnival companies (makes sense). Also have a Marella cruise next week, which will be an utterly different experience, being able to get home in under half an hour from getting off the ship, will be very strange! 

2 hours ago, davemorton said:

I already have a Princess cruise booked, but was hoping to add on to the end/do something before that, but the B2B ban covers all the Carnival companies (makes sense). Also have a Marella cruise next week, which will be an utterly different experience, being able to get home in under half an hour from getting off the ship, will be very strange! 

Ok so seeing the ship today and then you reminding me how easy it is to get to the port - I’ve been and gone and booked it. Never taken a Marella cruise before but we were on this ship when it was Celebrity Century. Roll on Tuesday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, sandancer said:

Ok so seeing the ship today and then you reminding me how easy it is to get to the port - I’ve been and gone and booked it. Never taken a Marella cruise before but we were on this ship when it was Celebrity Century. Roll on Tuesday. 

The price of it at the moment, they were almost giving the cruise away. Never done a Marella either, so will be interesting.