Port changes?

I'm supposed to be on the Horizon in November sailing to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. 

I've heard rumors that Grand Cayman isn't welcoming ships back this year, and haven't heard much about Jamaica. 

Does anyone have any info on whether to expect to actually go to those ports?  If not, any ideas on what ports might be substituted?

Carnival cancelled the scheduled stops at Grand Cayman & Montego Bay 2 or 3 weeks ago,  and replaced the ports with Mahogany Bay,  Roatan, and Belize City(a tender port). 

If you haven't been notified, you will be. 

8 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Carnival cancelled the scheduled stops at Grand Cayman & Montego Bay 2 or 3 weeks ago,  and replaced the ports with Mahogany Bay,  Roatan, and Belize City(a tender port). 

If you haven't been notified, you will be. 

Thanks for the heads up. We haven't gotten any emails, and the booking still shows the Grand Cayman and Jamaica stops. Is that something that is for sure that the porta are going to be substituted, or is it one of these month by month things? (Not upset, just trying to plan and deciding on possible excursions)

2 minutes ago, Indytraveler83 said:

Thanks for the heads up. We haven't gotten any emails, and the booking still shows the Grand Cayman and Jamaica stops. Is that something that is for sure that the porta are going to be substituted, or is it one of these month by month things? (Not upset, just trying to plan and deciding on possible excursions)

No one knows how far ahead carnival is advising of changed ports.

I’m on this route (Jamaica, GC and Coz) for mid-September.  What I do is check/refresh daily a mock booking for the same date.  So far no changes.  In my opinion, Carnival not notifying in advance at least the GC cancellation (no cruise ships for 2021) is bad business & will result in less excursion purchases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indytraveler83 said:

No worries there. I just don't want to book an excursion at a port that I won't be going to. 

I feel ya. We were suppose to do grand cayman , Jamaica and Cozumel next week. Now we have Amber Cove, HMC and maybe Bimini( certain to change) . Just planning on playing it by ear and do excursions last minute. 

• Like 1

I really never anticipated the GC stop going forward.  Mostly booked this cruise due to our availability on that week and nothing else. 

I'm hoping we don't end up with the Belize stop, though I'd be very happy with the Roatan stop. 

My better half would be disappointed if we totally reroute east and don't stop in Cozumel, but we will roll with it no matter what!  

12 minutes ago, Indytraveler83 said:

My better half would be disappointed if we totally reroute east and don't stop in Cozumel, but we will roll with it no matter what

One thing that comes to mind on these 6 day Horizon cruises that get limited to Bahamas and (maybe) Dominican Republic…what will the alternative ports be when hurricane season ramps up?  It’s a much smaller geographic area than a normal 6 day Caribbean cruise.