balcony cabin views on koningsdam/nieuw statendam deck 4 obstructed view

retired dude

Was hoping to get feedback from our fellow cruisers on what the view from the balcony is on these two ships for cabins VH4120 and VH4135. They are next to the hump cabins and do not have the lifeboat directly in front of the balcony..Just wanted any thoughts on how nice the balcony actually was..We were lucky enough to get a promo from HAL and this category cabin was the best offer. thanks so much for any input.

• Like 1

We had 4135 when we sailed on Nieuw Statendam last year. We absolutely LOVED this balcony. It's considerably larger, at an angle, so we had tons of space. Pre-cruise, I did have some concerns about noise since the stateroom had a connecting door and it was located one deck above public venues. But my concerns were unfounded. The stateroom was super quiet. Never heard a peep from our neighbors or from public venues. In fact, we loved how quickly we could go from our stateroom to the Dutch Cafe every morning for coffee and pastries. 

As far as how blocked the view is: It's not completely unobstructed. Maybe about 50%-60% obstructed. If I looked to the left, I had a pretty unobstructed view, but if I looked to the right, it was pretty obstructed. But not bad. We could still see quite a bit. 

Overall, I considered this stateroom a GREAT bargain, both for its location and the big balcony. The positives definitely outweigh the negatives. 

D7750BEE-A206-43AB-808C-28260C44800E.jpeg

EF537C4B-55CD-49F5-964D-1EFC800413AF.jpeg

53213526-BE4C-406D-88C8-3A219335FAE8.jpeg

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
14 hours ago, Tennant said:

What is the sleeping arrangement for 4 passengers in cabin 4135?

@Tennant according to deckplan, it should be bed (queen or 2 twins your choice), sleeper sofa & pulldown.

And from recent experience,  although cabin service is now only once daily, you can request your steward put the beds away each morning & pull them back out in evening so you have room to move around the cabin & make use of the sofa.

20230606_231940.jpg

20230606_231856.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

2 hours ago, Tennant said:

Thank you so much crystalspin and Haljo1935

This is soooo helpful!

4156 and 4135 are not mirror twins as far as balconies  - have different balcony sizes and shapes. So the comments on Halfacts about 4156 balcony size don't apply to 4135.

The pictures of the cabin are great and do show the bed arrangement really well. As @crystalspin noted, it may be mirrored.

20230607_103222.thumb.jpg.864f8dacbda84be2b75f9643960cd184.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

On 6/6/2023 at 10:02 AM, Tennant said:

What is the sleeping arrangement for 4 passengers in cabin 4135?

in cabin 4135, we had a single sofa and an upper bunk that opened right above the bed. We called it "the concussion machine" because my wife hit her head hard a few times, getting up in the middle of the night and forgetting that there was a bunk hanging right above our heads!

We enjoyed the cabin, but it's definitely not as spacious as other quad cabins we've sailed on aboard other ships/cruise lines. 

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

in cabin 4135, we had a single sofa and an upper bunk that opened right above the bed. We called it "the concussion machine" because my wife hit her head hard a few times, getting up in the middle of the night and forgetting that there was a bunk hanging right above our heads!

We enjoyed the cabin, but it's definitely not as spacious as other quad cabins we've sailed on aboard other ships/cruise lines. 

But with a very large balcony.

41 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

But with a very large balcony.

The balcony was definitely great! We loved the cabin and would definitely do it again.