Possibe To Get Refund For One Person In Cabin?

Cammyho

Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone has some experience with this.

I have a cruise booked on the Mardi Gras in September with three people, two fully vaccinated adults and one child under 12 who is unable to get the vaccine. Although the rules for September haven't been announced yet, assuming they're the same as July and August, I'm thinking about just not bringing the child so we don't have to go through all the extra hoops and have to worry about them cruising unvaccinated and with no camp ocean.

Has anyone been able to get a refund for just one person in the cabin? Assuming I don't want to cancel the cruise just want to cancel one person given the health protocols. I know normally this wouldn't be possible but thinking it might be different with covid.

Thanks.

Depending on rate sometimes a $50 fee. The bad news is the other two pax could get refared to prices now, and also you could lose your 3 pax cabin. 

It was never I possible before, people just normally dont do it because it costs extra.

If your child is a no show, after the cruise their taxes and fees are automatically refunded.

I'd call and ask your options, but many have posted saying normal cancellation fees apply.

• Thanks 1

I think it's best to wait for the protocols to be released for the cruise, and then contact your PVP/TA or Carnival directly if they are still sailing fully vaccinated. Just tell them you will be unable to get the 3rd person vaccinated in time, so you only want to cancel that person. Not sure if they will move you to a different cabin to free up the 3rd berth, since they generally aren't cruising at 100% capacity yet, and not a lot of children, but YMMV.

Good luck, and have a great cruise regardless!

6 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

I think it's best to wait for the protocols to be released for the cruise, and then contact your PVP/TA or Carnival directly if they are still sailing fully vaccinated. Just tell them you will be unable to get the 3rd person vaccinated in time, so you only want to cancel that person. Not sure if they will move you to a different cabin to free up the 3rd berth, since they generally aren't cruising at 100% capacity yet, and not a lot of children, but YMMV.

Good luck, and have a great cruise regardless!

The only issue I see is all 3 rates being tied together. 

I have quite a few on my sept roll call in similar situation waiting. Wondering if it will cause a lot of cancellations or carnival by then can drop the 95% lower.