MDR Dinner Arrangement for Solo Cruiser

DeeDee Groff

You could transfer your reservation from Princess to a TA who should be able to make your arrangements.  Just be sure that to tell them what you are going to ask them to do before you make the transfer.  Just one more reason not to book directly w Princess or with any other cruise line.

DON

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

You could transfer your reservation from Princess to a TA who should be able to make your arrangements.  Just be sure that to tell them what you are going to ask them to do before you make the transfer.  Just one more reason not to book directly w Princess or with any other cruise line.

DON

I prefer to book with a TA so we can get cash discounts off the cruise "list price".  If a TA can have Princess update their system, then so can someone who books directly or uses an in-house Princess TA (a PVP in other words).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

I appreciate the original poster's post as I'm in the same situation:  sailing solo (for the first time) and without a smartphone.  Also appreciate the responses!

If you would like to email me, it's deedeegroff@gmail.com

and please type "Regal Princess" in the subject line.  I have done quite a bit of solo cruising in recent years, and I've actually enjoyed it

For whatever it's worth, I have distant maternal family in the Detroit metro area, I spent a lot of time visiting in my younger years (I am not a "golden senior), and I even worked one summer in the Penobscot Building downtown.

On 7/13/2021 at 1:10 AM, DeeDee Groff said:

On Monday afternoon I called Princess, and I booked B2B cruises for March 2022.

Even though the Captain's Circle membership is showing I have "Elite status" according to the reservation agent, it has been a number of years since I've sailed on a Princess ship.

I seem to have a challenge in securing a place at a table for "Main," i.e, late dining, because I do not have a smartphone or a tablet or any other portable device to make dining arrangements.  I use a desktop computer, and I have the old fashioned flip phone for mobile calls, but I leave it at home when I travel internationally.  When I told this to the reservation agent, she said, "You'll have to get yourself a smartphone or a tablet so you can sail with us."  I was so stunned I didn't know what to say, and the call ended soon after this revelation.

Would someone reading this please let me know if you think there is any way around this dilemma?

Thank you for your time!

Thank you very much to all who posted!